Headed back down to Mexico way

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Im going way down south, way down to Mexico way!

Im a white US citizen, met a Mexican girl and we were blessed with our precious son. I lived 3 years in Mexico with her, our son was born and long story short life got complicated about a year after his birth.

I have been back in the US for the past 7 months... So hard to be away from my child and his mother. I will be returning next week and will see what life has in store for us, I am hoping and praying for the best (to be a family again)... I am extremely excited to be spending time with them again.

Now the drag... I gotta leave my gear behind, my Marshall's and Strats. I have 2 electric guitars and 2 Acoustics at her place. I have a semi functional Peavey bandit and my Orange Crush 12 practice amp. I plan to take 1 or 2 of my favorite pedals but still, it wont be quite like playing thru my 2266 and 1960A. I am hoping this trip will set the foundation for a happy future, if it works out and I can return permanently I will have to fetch my gear.

I always enjoyed my time living in Mexico

Anyways... Little big life change coming, hoping it all goes well!

JohnH

Reaction score
Best wishes, that's where you need to be!

and 'Hey' you've got two much better reasons to go there than Joe did.

BanditPanda

Reaction score

Im a white US citizen, met a Mexican girl and we were blessed with our precious son. I lived 3 years in Mexico with her, our son was born and long story short life got complicated about a year after his birth.

I have been back in the US for the past 7 months... So hard to be away from my child and his mother. I will be returning next week and will see what life has in store for us, I am hoping and praying for the best (to be a family again)... I am extremely excited to be spending time with them again.

Now the drag... I gotta leave my gear behind, my Marshall's and Strats. I have 2 electric guitars and 2 Acoustics at her place. I have a semi functional Peavey bandit and my Orange Crush 12 practice amp. I plan to take 1 or 2 of my favorite pedals but still, it wont be quite like playing thru my 2266 and 1960A. I am hoping this trip will set the foundation for a happy future, if it works out and I can return permanently I will have to fetch my gear.

Best of luck to you and yours, Maggot.
BP

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

The question is can she cook? LOVE Mexican food! :yesway:

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Thanks for all the love MF brothers!

First reply... Yes she can cook and so does her entire family. I always ate good living there, nothing but the best food I have EVER tasted!

I want to be there, she has a visa but prefers to live in Mexico. We/she bought a house in her home city, luckily for my sake its right on the border, maybe 10 min drive to the border. The most difficult part I had living there was commuting to work in the US. The produce seasons means 3+ hours waiting in line along with the field workers unless I get the special pass for the quick(er) lane... I've slacked on that... or a motorcycle to bob and weive to the front of line.

Biggest issue is just between her and I, living in a house slightly smaller than a small 2 bedroom apartment... We never had space while home together... I think it wore on both of us ontop of being parants etc. Long story short I ended back in the US, hoping to work things out and try to live all together again.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
hey man, I´ve been living in Mexico for the last 3 years. If you need any help, please let me know. where are you going? I´m in Mexico City.
Thanks man! I thought I read you were in Mexico city. I'll be in Sonora, so not very close but I will keep you in mind next time we travel south to visit her extended family. Last year we visited Zacatecas... Wow what a beautiful city! I love every minute there! I always tell everyone its a bucket list place to visit... Beautiful city, so much life, art, music and food... Oh and history, you could feel Villa's spirit on the bluff. We didnt quite make it to Mexico city that trip.

If your ever up north in Sonora or Baja Cali, your always welcome to our place and have a friend.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Will you still remember us and write us once in a while?
Vin... I will try my hardest! I will have to relay my messages via Donkey Express... I hope you guys dont forget me!

I'm sure I'll be posting just as much if not more out of boredom during the really hot days... 118°F the last day I was there.... fkkkk

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
Thanks man! I thought I read you were in Mexico city. I'll be in Sonora, so not very close but I will keep you in mind next time we travel south to visit her extended family. Last year we visited Zacatecas... Wow what a beautiful city! I love every minute there! I always tell everyone its a bucket list place to visit... Beautiful city, so much life, art, music and food... Oh and history, you could feel Villa's spirit on the bluff. We didnt quite make it to Mexico city that trip.

If your ever up north in Sonora or Baja Cali, your always welcome to our place and have a friend.
Lately I had some workchanges, I´m between Tuxpán and Mexico City. At least I still have a job lol. I need to go to baja, it´s in my list and I was supposed to travel there this year but covid happens...

I hope you have a great time, family is very important. If I were you I would not sell anything for now... you can bring your stuff later.

Another thing, process your marriage ASAP. the current president is a very ¨unique¨ man and he´s making visas harder. you are married to a mexican citizen, that shouldn´t be a problem. but try to do it asap, because the INM (immigration) was kind of slow before the pandemy, right now I have no clue how it is.

Latest posts