Has anyone used a Hardwire RV-7 with two amps?

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Moose Lewis, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Moose Lewis

Moose Lewis Well-Known Member

I run a two amp rig with a Switchbone ABY box. Other than the usual sound of two cranked tube amps, it's dead quiet.

I've been running a Hardwire RV-7 'verb through the FX loop of one amp and been very happy with it. In reading the manual, it claims that the stereo channels can be run independently - so I patched each side to an amp. It set up a bunch of spacial noise - not a ground hum, but like Star Trek FX. It works normally on either amp, but not when jacked through both.

I was wondering if anyone else had use one this way and what their results were. Mine may be defective. It will not run on a battery, which causes me to think it may have other wiring issues.

2. thetragichero

thetragichero Well-Known Member

haven't tried it yet. won't get a chance until maybe monday

3. Moose Lewis

Moose Lewis Well-Known Member

Hey - lemme know what happens when you do try it! If it's just my unit, maybe I'll try to get it fixed. If not, I'll leave as is on the one and get a second unit for the other.
    :cheers:
    Thanks

4. 12barjunkie

12barjunkie Well-Known Member

I have a Digitech digiverb that I use to run two amps and it works fine. It's not as nice as the Hardwire, but it has stereo outs and it sounds huge using two amps; no weird sounds, though. Hope you get it workin' man!