Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas to me - Part II - EVH III 5150 6L6

GibsonKramer

Reaction score
This one, I've been sitting on. I take my chances doing it, but when it works out... I get REALLY good deals. Just gotta be patient, and willing to lose sometimes.

They brought in (2) 5150s, almost back to back. An EL34 and the 6L6. I thought I was interested in the EL34, plugged into a PPC412 and just really didn't do it for me. Went home did some reading in the meantime, and the 6L6 seemed to be the preferred model, anyways. However, I really wasn't in the market... so, it was a gamble I was willing to take.

Fast forward a couple months, and I finally decided to pull the trigger on a White LPC. The day it came in, I also decided to check out the 6L6. I wasn't really planning on getting it, I just wanted to give it a spin. My jaw hit the floor. I was blown away. I didn't even really mess with the EQ. Figured out the gain stack real quick, and just let it rip... and I knew I was buying it. Time to deal!

Of course it helped I was buying the LPC, so I threw out... "What would you let me have this for, if I took it, as well?" We didn't even need to haggle. The price was spot on, first offer. Still, said I needed to think about it.

Gave it a couple days... went in to grab it, and actually got it $50 under the original offer. Definitely a keeper. Just waiting on the f/s now. Hopefully have it this week.

20191215_140112_zpsbwtk8kvj.jpg

20191215_184836_zpsjaxiqagt.jpg

20191215_184650_zpsvczm8ot5.jpg

I'm moving all my 1 watt Marshalls into the living room, with my Egnater. I don't ever play them in this room. The Jubilee and JCM800, were really the only 2 Marshalls I play in here, so hopefully moving the others, I can enjoy them when I don't feel like crawling into the man cave.

Plus, not as congested in here, as it used to be.

20191215_184515_zps8bismhyt.jpg

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
I would really like to try a 50w 5153 , loving my lbx ii over a year after buying it .

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Congratulation on the new amp.

I love EVH amps. Each version offers a little something different, but they all sound amazing.

GibsonKramer

Reaction score
I would really like to try a 50w 5153 , loving my lbx ii over a year after buying it .

I honestly didn't think I was going to like it. Don't know why, it was just a feeling, I guess. I had time to kill, while tech was making some adjustments on my LPC... and I noticed there wasn't anything plugged in I wanted to play through. So I figured, what the hell, lemme find a couple cables and an outlet.

Glad I did.

I love my Marshalls, especially my Jubilee. But, I can guarantee, this will get as much play. Especially once I get the f/s.

Congratulation on the new amp.

I love EVH amps. Each version offers a little something different, but they all sound amazing.

I've heard a lot of good things about them... But for whatever reason... The itch just wasn't there. I was content with what I had. Haven't really looked at any amps, since I got the SC20H. I had filled all my needs, or so I thought.

This one, blew me away. About the same reaction I had first time I plugged into the Jubilee. My buddy asked to play my LPC, flips over to the neck pickup and his jaw hit the floor.

He thought it was the pickup, meanwhile I'm staring at the amp. I own enough 490/498 to know when it's the pickup, and when it's the amp.

It really is a brilliant amp.

Rudy v

Reaction score
Happy birthday and congratulations on your 5150 iii amp you know 5150 means out of control here are some off my 5150 iii 15768353011798573299155159708595.jpg

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ve got one of the newer ones that has the concentric pots for gain/volume on CH1/2

I had one of the old versions and it sounded great but there was a definite volume jump when you went from green ch to blue, unless you had that gain cranked up where clean wasn’t really clean anymore.

Ended up trading mine in for a guitar when I got my helix floor, but if I’d had the concentric pots that amp would never have left me.