.................... Greed ...............

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Australian, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Australian

Australian Green Beret Silver Supporting Member VIP Member

I have so much more than I need, but still want more!

Where does greed come from?
    Can it be cured?

Sapient and Drinkingdeath01 like this.
  2. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

No it comes from the fear that you never have enough

Sapient and 6550 like this.
  3. 6550

6550 Active Member

Greed is caused by fear.

4. Madfinger

Madfinger Well-Known Member

For an ossie TV.

5. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Greed is a good thing. Greed is also a major motivator . The only people who hate greed are the ones who cannot or will not, work to achieve your level of success. You obviously worked hard to be able to have what you have so why not show it off ?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    rafalynch, trax1139 and Sapient like this.
  6. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer ----------------------------- Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Nope, you're screwed because you're a dual helix model as opposed to triple. It's a fundamental symptom of self-preservation having to do with things like the ego, personal validation - a veritable spider web of things. It can also be a symptom of boredom, obsession, OCD and the like. In my case, aside from the fundamental, the symptoms are as follows: boredom, fear, self-loathing, frustration, anxiety, facial ticks, stuttering, Wobbling Gait, and Aids (which everyone has). Also, lack of empathy & compassion toward living inanimate objects leading to manifestations of misguided and exaggerated empathy & compassion toward human life, at the end of which feelings often change to hatred, envy and rejection when gestures are inevitably unreciprocated within an increasingly anticipated acceptable timeframe. (All of these preceded my former episode with the stick, as some of you here may recall.) Ultimately it's all very simple as you can see, basic common sense.

Either that, or you just like nice things.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  7. zachman

zachman Well-Known Member

8. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Amen Brother, amen.

SHREDNECK, 500 Mike and zachman like this.
  9. JP2036

JP2036 Well-Known Member

Greed = Obsessive/Compulsive = Psychological

10. Sapient

Sapient   Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

I think sort of a straw man has been created here that we're discussing now. Because one has a lot of and still wants more is not necessarily greedy, at all. If you work and pay for the things you have it owed to you that you can do what the futch you futchin' wanna do. Greed is a work for "taking", for free usually ...to take and take until you get called out or experience a backfire as a result of your "greed".

I remember being at Sears about 20 years ago and some others and I we were all waiting on a steeply discounted piece of crap something to come out to the floor. The pieces were limited, and I really wanted one for my dad. So the box comes out and everyone is trying to be "controlled" animals grabbing one while they were there. Well, there was a twat there that had no idea WTF these things even were and grabbed a few of them, obviously leaving a few of the patient without one in the end. Fuck'n cunt.

That's f'n greed - usually when someone else gets jipped of theirs because of your ......GREED.

You have not shown any "greed" OP that I think in any way.

Gluttony ...yea. Lol.

[​IMG]

Trelwheen and Drinkingdeath01 like this.
  11. zachman

zachman Well-Known Member

12. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

13. Australian

Australian Green Beret Silver Supporting Member VIP Member

Good suggestions y'all. I'm going to turn over a new leaf and stop resisting my desire for abundance.

14. Madfinger

Madfinger Well-Known Member

If you can afford lots of gear that is worth the reasources then my hats off to you & hope you enjoy your hard earned effort. But when I drive down the street & see fridges, tv's, furniture advertised cheap on tv wating to be picked up by the garbo for land fill the first thing to enter my mind is senseless greed. I wonder if in 3-4 generations few could afford mentioned item just like us back in the 50's & 60's, items that will last decades ... but in the future due to depleted reasources & not labour costs?

15. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

16. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Greed is to take more than your share at the expense of others. Dont confuse wanting more gear for greed, youre not taking anything from anybody.

17. FutureProf88

FutureProf88 Well-Known Member

Dude to want things is not greed, nor is it bad. Ask yourself some questions

• Am I directly hurting someone by acquiring this? Not in a tangential sense of "cost to society," "I could have done 'X' with this money, etc." I mean did you steal from someone, did you hurt them to acquire what you have, is it something that they rightfully own and you took it by force or by extortion?
    • Does the experience not give me joy, but rather my joy comes from the act of having and hoarding? Do I never use this and just like the knowledge that I possess it?
    • Is having this or working towards having this harming me in some way?

If the answers to the above questions are "no" then you've done nothing wrong. Wanting things and having things are not bad or immoral. A car collector is not immoral if he has acquired his cars honestly and gets joy from driving them, working on them, cleaning them, etc. A coin collector is not immoral because he seeks out currency and has an interest in how currencies evolve and how they are influenced by their societies. Someone who works honestly and diligently to attain wealth is not immoral if they use that wealth to bring joy to someone, even if that someone is themselves through things like experiences that make their life more full. You are not immoral because you collect musical instruments and play them.

Greed would be scheming to take someone else's guitar just so that they couldn't have it and you could have it in your own closet.

18. RCM 800

RCM 800 Well-Known Member

My buying stuff helps to keep people employed.

19. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I was about to say its the American way but you are in Australia! Oh well, its good to see there is greed in your area also :shock:

20. Gutch220

Gutch220 Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for my crypto to go to the moon, then I won't be greedy anymore.