Googling is a waste of time anymore

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by shredless, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Micky

Micky Well-Known Member VIP Member

I don't see any ads. (I use uBlock Origin)
    And I know how to search for anything and get good results in Google.
    You just have to narrow your search criteria.

It must be a real bitch for you mere mortals.

2. Ray Baker

Ray Baker Active Member Platinum Supporting Member

I am with you 100% hate and detest my time being stolen with BS I don't care about or even worse their Political Correctness and PC BS. As much as I hate Amazon, Amazon Prime Video allows me to avoid all the garbage. As I write this I have Michael Schenker Fest Tokyo video playing on another tab (Graham Bonnet just came on), commercial free.... Burn in Hell YouTube. I have Netflix and HuLu thru Amazon Prime but I am about to ditch them because of their current trending BS, I am sick of having everyday this BS forced on me and being told I am not correct.... My AR15 says otherwise!!![/QUOTE]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  3. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Careful you dont put a bullet in your TV screen!

4. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

YouTube removed the channels I subscribed to... A lot of them are being censored for not adhering to herd mentality...

5. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

Regarding switching away from Android/Google: Apple isn't perfect but it's the only phone maker that cares about its customer's data security. And it's VERY good security. I'm not an Apple fan but my phone is an iphone and will continue to be one for the foreseeable future.

Actually I have several Apple devices and account/data security is excellent on all of them. I'm not much of a fan of the IOS environment but I can make some money refurbishing old iMacs and Macbooks and reselling them. I've come to know them all pretty well. But for most computing purposes, I use a Windows PC.

6. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

I was forced to learn the Mac because my parents bought one. My brother-in-law talked then into it but he lives in another state. I never got used to the Mac because I used windows so much. So used to right clicking everything.

7. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

That's one of my eternal gripes against Apple. The rest of the computing world learned about the utility and sensibility of the two button mouse around 1980. Apple still thinks we'd rather use a one button mouse and use the other hand (the fapping hand, usually) to reach for and hold down a keyboard button to access the extra mouse features. Pretty stupid.

DaDoc likes this.
  8. shredless

shredless Well-Known Member

I don't need internet while I'm double clicking my mouse... I have a vivid imagination

Speaking of Android phones I get 10 phone calls a day many from the same number or the same area code and prefix most of them leave a message with nothing on it but I have to delete which is another waste of my time every day. Blocking them they still get through most of them... And then I still get a notification that I got to block call which I have to delete or at least view

Ray Baker and DaDoc like this.
  9. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

They keep adverising that. I clicked thumbs down so many times it won't let me thumbs down their ad anymore... but still keeps sending it to me.

I refuse to use apple. Same as I refuse to eat mcdonalds. Not because of their dubious quality, but because their ads make me want to go apesh!t.

Ray Baker likes this.
  10. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling Well-Known Member

M.C. Hammer dipped his toe into internet browsers. He was going to design and create one. You can't compete with Google and bing.

Neat tip:

The image search on bing is better than googles