Googling is a waste of time anymore

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by shredless, Nov 12, 2020.

1. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

I Ask Jeeves....

2. Dmann

Dmann Well-Known Member

It's only going to get worse, and it's not googles fault.

I've been using the net since it began, and watched it evolve.

Unfortunately now a days, any moron with a few bucks can buy a cheap device and data and start putting whatever they want "on the internet." All google does is tell you what's "on the internet", and list it for you.

...and it's only going to get worse because every single day mouthbreathers and participation trophy winners flood it useless, opinionated non-factual garbage.

Marshall Stack and DaDoc like this.
  3. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Bing. Google is a propaganda search engine.

500 Mike and DaDoc like this.
  4. LargeBoxSmallBox

LargeBoxSmallBox Well-Known Member

DuckDuckGo simply keeps your search activity from being tracked. It is not anything to do with the dark web. I switched away from Google to DDG a good while ago. Good search engine, good results, without the agenda driven BS of Google, and your searches are not tracked and exploited. Anything on the internet that is free means YOU are the product. Watch "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix, if you haven't already, it's an eye opener. DDG does have ads, but so far, they seem much better (regarding your objections) than Google. Get on a good VPN service so you can't be tracked, and your web communication is encrypted. You can even save money sometimes by going through VPN servers in other geographic locations. I've done it. The money I saved paid for my entire VPN subscription. I had no idea that the exact same products from national companies are priced differently in different locations (I'm speaking of the USA). Hmmmm, I wonder if you could order a Marshall for less money if your VPN was routing through London??? :p

DaDoc likes this.
  5. LargeBoxSmallBox

LargeBoxSmallBox Well-Known Member

It is within the law RIGHT NOW. However, if we could get some leadership that is not in the pocket of these ultra-powerful tech companies, that could change, and it needs to. The big tech companies have far too much power, and they need to be broken up and clamped down on. I'm not usually one to want to clamp down on ANYONE, I'm a live and let live person, but when a company has so much money and power, and uses it to drive their own agenda and to stifle competition, they should get hammered. The amount of damage these ultra rich companies and people can do is shocking. It needs to be a level playing field, fair to all, and most of all, it needs to not take advantage of the ordinary citizenry. Just my opinion...

EndGame00, pedecamp, RCM 800 and 2 others like this.
  6. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Agreed, big tech needs a good helping of anti-trust dessert.

EndGame00 and RCM 800 like this.
  7. dragonvalve

dragonvalve Well-Known Member

Google "selects" for you what is on the internet. It is not an unbiased search engine at all.

Google is a DARPA engine run by the CIA. They've aligned with Dragonfly over in China to monitor people. It will interface with the new vax apps coming down the pike. You won't be able to do anything without all those apps, travel out of your home as they're adopting social credit score systems.

Duckduckgo has been proper.

Google will monitor your searches and are rigged to hide or provide a left leaning alternative.

Google now owns Youtube so while a doctor uploading his/her take on the medical situation from real experience, it is taken down.

Google is behind the voter fraud that is being hidden.

This guy is head of Google. Sundar Pichai. He's Indian. (AINO=American in name only) He was brought before Congress about Dragonfly and lied to session about Google being used to spy on people:

[​IMG]
    No he doesn't run a 7-11.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Google in China. It is the most controlled net area on the planet. It is the testing ground for what is being brought to America.

Google claims that after the Congressional hearing it "abandoned" Dragonfly which is a highly censored search engine.

Yeah right.

The wicked flee when no man pursues: but the righteous are bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1

This thread will be used by Google to learn what is being said about it and will adjust its algorithms to further their thrust.

It works in Google's favor when Americans' information is highly censored by corporate media also run by the same group of overlords reading scripts of denial and forums banning discussions of dire importance. They like that Americans prevent themselves from learning about the creeping take over by suspending common sense and logic. They've made it trendy to be ill-informed and shroomed.

You can use Yandex in English but it is said to be "banned" by the American government.

Anything Google is Big Brother. And they know it!

Twitter is just another censor platform.

Parler is the better version.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    DaDoc, zachman and RCM 800 like this.
  8. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Google is good for only one thing, when I am searching where to buy a product google has a good shopping search section, but thats it. I wish duckduckgo had a shopping tab like google then I wouldnt need google for anything.

DaDoc and zachman like this.
  9. zachman

zachman Well-Known Member

https://duckduckgo.com

DaDoc likes this.
  10. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

I just loaded Duckgo on my phone. Off course it was through Google Play. I went to this website and it blocked three trackers.

My friend has everything through Google. I can't do it. Never trusted them. At some point I will get a different phone.

I think it is blatantly visible that they and other media platforms lean a certain direction. They don't even hide it anymore.

I'm on Facebook but I only go there for a local group. We are looking to using a different platform as Facebook has gotten out of hand.

DaDoc likes this.
  11. pedecamp

Just did some research on Brave and Opera, they are actual browsers that you have to install not search engine websites, I can do without them and just stick with duckduckgo for the moment.

DaDoc likes this.
  12. pedecamp

You dont have to load anything to use duckduckgo, just go to your browser settings and change the default search engine to it.

DaDoc likes this.
  13. Marshall Stack

Didn't think of that. I just "googled" duckduckgo. Hmmm...

LPMarshall hack likes this.
  14. 500 Mike

500 Mike New Member

Another vote for DuckDuckGo here. Been using it for over a year with no issues. I hate Google also. FYI..... YouTube = Google

dragonvalve and DaDoc like this.
  15. Antmax

Antmax Well-Known Member

Yeah. These days if you search for information about something. Often you end up with a bunch of online stores selling the mentioned item/subject and very little actual information about it. Would be nice if all that stuff got relegated to the shopping tab. The WWW has slowly become congested with useless rubbish.

DuckDuckGo is often where I go if I'm not satisfied with my quick search and remember it. Bing seems to be better than Google these days.

DaDoc likes this.
  16. Marshall Stack

And I'm sick of every site saying that you have to have cookies enabled....

LPMarshall hack and DaDoc like this.
  17. pedecamp

WWW needs to go away and be replaced with something new, everything thats around long enough always gets ruined.

DaDoc likes this.
  18. pedecamp

Thats all the tracking thats forced on us users when we surf the web, maybe us users need to boycott websites that try to force cookie tracking on us! Its a revolution! :yesway:

Ray Baker and DaDoc like this.
  19. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

Doh! Just thought of one useful Google tool...sure is handy to quickly learn how to spell a word!

20. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

But then you're going to get a buttload of ads promising to teach ya how to spell in two weeks or your money back..:lol: