Go Me!!!

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by allwheelz, Feb 27, 2015.

1. allwheelz

allwheelz Well-Known Member

So I just gave out my serial number like a dumbass on a potential amp sell. Three days in and I just wanted to sell it. A minute after I give him the number he found another deal!!! Imagine that....should I worry about this??? I just wanted to buy another les paul..wtf happened to the day when you just have a seller and a buyer? About to have a jay and silent bob moment plane hopping...I was gonna have him google my name to make him realize who he's dealing with but he'd take that to!!!!!:mad: Maybe i'm overreacting????????

2. Stringjunkie

Stringjunkie Well-Known Member

What can they do with your amp serial number? Steal your amps identity?

3. allwheelz

I don't know....with soooo many amp kits out there Im thinking they could use my number for their kit and make mine look like a fake.....causing me to loose hundreds of dollars? So yes...they could steal my amps identity

4. poeman33

poeman33 Well-Known Member

They use the number on counterfeits. I think it's more of a problem on guitars than amps though, so I wouldn't sweat it.

5. shredless

shredless Well-Known Member

Ive had some very odd CL people the last week....I mean above and beyond the normal nutjobs....maybe its a moon phase or something

Ive tried to buy 3 things and cant have them....

I think the scammers have progressed into fake ads to get your email and phone given to them

Ive seen the too good to be true ads before....but these are regular items with average prices, yet I cant buy them. They communicate long enough to get your phone and then vaporize

blues_n_cues likes this.
  6. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Hmm, so they figure if you're interested you must be a player and "might" have some gear. They then use your number to try to locate your residence.......

7. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Wow, and I thought I was paranoid..:lol:

Is this an amp you designed and built yourself? If so then I might worry about counterfeiting, but if it's something like a stock Marshall or Fender I wouldn't worry about it..I would think it's up to the amp manufacturer to go after counterfeiters anyhoo.

The buyer probably just happened to find a better deal after the fact, and if that's the case you can't really blame them for trying to save some $$.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  8. Alowerdeep

Alowerdeep Member

Yeah,probably this.....Most people just dont have the decency to tell you.Same thing goes with buying things.Ive talked wth people and exchanged emails planning to pick up an item but it sells and the seller just stops communicating with me,doesnt bother to say it sold.....lol.....it seems like alot of the buyer/seller etiquette has change dramatically over the last 5 years or so....I used to have no issue with buying/selling,now it is alot more difficult....will typically have 2-3 pople flake before selling something.....and that is how they do it,say they want it,ask for the PP email and nothing,alot of times will not respond to an email after that either......maybe it is becasue there are alot more people on teh net now,dont know,but it is quite different......

9. clutch71

clutch71 Well-Known Member

Leave it to people to F up a perfectly good way to buy and sell stuff!

10. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

Its crazy these people put so much time and effort into being dishonest and thinking of all these different ways to rip people off.

11. Moose Lewis

Moose Lewis Well-Known Member

I used to regularly sell on CL and ebay for my bass player and me, but we reached a point that we decided to temper our purchases with the idea that once we've acquired something we're stuck with it. Although we do occasionally give an instrument or amp to someone who we think might be interested and creative enough to make use of it.

We do take amps or cabs to a very small local music store who does consignment, and let the owner sell them for what ever he can get. Got two cabs and a very nice bass there now. But I've given up on the online seller markets. Too many ways to lose after sale on ebay anymore, and tired of waiting on no-shows or low-ballers from CL. Reverb.com is just a PITA to work through buying or selling... so there's no easy post 'n' sell options left as far as I'm concerned. Moomph.

Maybe the classified section here. ;)
    Cheers

CCK likes this.
  12. blues_n_cues

blues_n_cues Well-Known Member VIP Member

this is exactly what they do then they spam the f*ck out of you. :mad:

13. allwheelz

I dunno....had a lot of stress around the house all week as it was..and I tend to blow things out of proportion. It was enough to keep me off mf for a couple of days. On a brighter note it made me spend a lot of time playing..and I came up with some great new material. I'll just throw the orange amp in my closet and forget about it for a while and in the meantime I'll rock my marshall. Glad I got back on here though...man I love this site!!