Getting Older Sucks (at times)!

dptone5

Reaction score
At 56, it's the hearing for me. Really struggle in restaurants or crowds. My poor wife has to repeat quite a bit now too. Too many years of concerts, headphones, and my Marshalls. Plus, hearing loss runs in my family, and none of them were musicians.

Hoping that hearing technology improves so we can hear frequencies that we have lost. I can't hear anything above 8 kHz in my right ear and 4 kHz in the left ear.

Also, had a completely torn rotator cuff and surgery was last August. Finally got out of physical therapy at the end of May. They told me that my body doesn't heal as fast as "a person younger than me". Haha

10kDA

Reaction score
I tried "intermittent fasting" a while back because it seemed like it had some benefits. After a week I was like "Yeah? So?" and I stopped. Then about a week ago I read that somebody my age - 68 - has to reduce the window you can eat down to 2 hours of every 24. Younger people have longer time periods, something like 3 hours for 50-ish, 4 hours for 30-ish, whatever. I started again last Thursday, eating one meal a day, within a 2 hour window. Holy Crap, after 5 days, it works. I have all kinds of energy. I walk about 6 - 8 miles every morning and I can't sleep at night. I eat whatever I want but only during a 2 hour period every day.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
Nowadays, I always seem to be saying to other drivers...."get off my ass!" Definitely a sign of age for me, but on the flipside...I haven't had a ticket in quite a while.

I'm 57 and both my folks are still around, so I count myself extremely lucky and grateful! My hearing is still good and I think my "ear" is actually better than ever.

I know I have more Marshalls than ever before...life is good!

Flag

Reaction score
Nowadays, I always seem to be saying to other drivers...."get off my ass!" Definitely a sign of age for me, but on the flipside...I haven't had a ticket in quite a while.

I'm 57 and both my folks are still around, so I count myself extremely lucky and grateful! My hearing is still good and I think my "ear" is actually better than ever.

I know I have more Marshalls than ever before...life is good!
I live in Florida, they're not on your ass here, they're are up in it......lol. Seems the worst drivers in the world have came here over the years and I've been here since the early 60's as a child.

Last edited:

Spooky88

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m 56 (profile pic of me is at age 52) im in pretty good shape. Still snowboarding at a high level and am able to pickup my Kurzweil PC3K88 in the flight case with one arm (figures they’d build a flight case with a single center handle, weighs 150 lbs). Energy level definitely waning though. Working 60+ hours a week and gigging isn’t as easy as it used to be. At least I can still throw those lightweight combo amps around Fender twins, super verbs, any Marshall combo 2x12 etc. haha