Get Back... (spoiler alert!)

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched Get Back... Part 1.

Wow.

If you're a Beatles fan, it's a must see. If you're a Beatles-curious, it's a must see. If you don't like the Beatles, why are you in this thread?

The highlight for me was watching the ingredients slowly Come Together (see what I did there?). I don't know, at this point, how in the hell they managed to get their set ready for the show. Paul was clearly the leader and the drive behind the band by this time.

The low point was George quitting the Beatles and Yoko "performing" with the rest of the band. I'll say this for her, she has remained consistently bad and unimaginative as well as annoying for all these years.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I just watched S01 E01: 2½ hours for the 1 episode.

I 'll watch E02 later. Didn't know it'd a 5 hr venture to watch 2 episodes...

What I saw in E01, was pretty good. It's edited well. They do leave a lot out, but, it'd be some 90+ hrs of video, if they put everything in...

Last edited:

nickfox

Reaction score
It's a 3 part series coming out 3 days in a row on disney+. The first two are already out. And yeah, the first one was really good.

You get to see who were the Beatles and who weren't and you understand why...

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They borrowed George's 8 track tape recorder at Twickenham. George says "Be careful, that cost 10,000 GBP." In today's money, that's 142,000 GBP which is $189,000 USD.

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished Part 2. Once they left Twickenham and went to their Apple Studio, things started getting better. They really looked like they were having fun as soon as Billy Preston showed up. He fit so well during those sessions.

jmp45

Reaction score
1 1/2 hrs into the E1, it's done well. I cringed when the LP hit the floor ;) John said paraphrasing that he's best when his back is against the wall. I think that's common with artists. It's a good doc, worth the time to check out.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
1 1/2 hrs into the E1, it's done well. I cringed when the LP hit the floor ;) John said paraphrasing that he's best when his back is against the wall. I think that's common with artists. It's a good doc, worth the time to check out.
George looked bothered, but wasn't going to anything about it...