GC trade or sell.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
serious talk,
what i dont understand is why in the hell do you people KEEP ON returning to GC if you know
how its gonna go? i mean we have one guy here that bashes them every chance he gets yet
keeps on returning to do business with them.
i think that says more about that person than it does about GC but still........
its like some of you keep going back to the same girl that cheated on you last week expecting different results this week, yet everybody tells you shes a tramp. roflmao.
at what point do we stop feeling sorry for you and just tell you that you got what you deserve?
you play around in a trash can the complain when you come up with garbage on your arms.
you keep banging the same girl thats cheating on you and complain when you get a VD. i just dont get it.
get a different girl already. if shes the only girl in town either go to a different town or beat your......

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Yes , word of caution. Never ever trade gear to GC . They offer 40 percent of the value determined by eBay. No secret.

they HAVE to turn a profit to keep the doors open, bills paid, and the store stocked. its pretty simple really.
i dont get why this is so complicated to some people. if you take their offer then its YOU that screwed yourself. no them screwing you. everybody wants to blame somebody else for their own F-up's, or come crying "they took my gear".
no, you gave them your gear.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
serious talk,
what i dont understand is why in the hell do you people KEEP ON returning to GC if you know
how its gonna go? i mean we have one guy here that bashes them every chance he gets yet
keeps on returning to do business with them.
i think that says more about that person than it does about GC but still........
its like some of you keep going back to the same girl that cheated on you last week expecting different results this week, yet everybody tells you shes a tramp. roflmao.
at what point do we stop feeling sorry for you and just tell you that you got what you deserve?
you play around in a trash can the complain when you come up with garbage on your arms.
you keep banging the same girl thats cheating on you and complain when you get a VD. i just dont get it.
get a different girl already. if shes the only girl in town either go to a different town or beat your......
Sometimes it’s a matter of not having a better store near by. They are great to buy from but not any better than a pawn shop for selling your gear.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Sometimes it’s a matter of not having a better store near by. They are great to buy from but not any better than a pawn shop for selling your gear.

yeah as long as THEY are giving hands are out. but according to most of you they screw people out of their gear so
actually some of you are helping them screw others by buying their "stolen gear" they screwed somebody else out of. roflmao.
read my post above last line as far as the only girl in town.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
They consider what it cost them to buy a new one at their cost vs. buying yours back. That's what they figure on, not what you paid. They can give two $hits about that.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
They consider what it cost them to buy a new one at their cost vs. buying yours back. That's what they figure on, not what you paid. They can give two $hits about that.

and they too are buying used selling it at a used price VS new.
knowing people are gonna come in and try to haggle the prices down
because they are cheap shits.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
and they too are buying used selling it at a used price VS new.
knowing people are gonna come in and try to haggle the prices down
because they are cheap shits.

I've never met any music store owner/worker that had any respect for the clientele. In a sense just walking into the place is like stepping in the music business it seems.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I've never met any music store owner/worker that had any respect for the clientele. In a sense just walking into the place is like stepping in the music business it seems.

ive met a ton of them. not saying in most cases, but a lot of times its the way customers carry themselves too.
ever notice out of all the GC stories we hear on here not 1 ever mentions about a douche bag customer they saw while in there.
ive seen a ton of them over the yrs but those stores dont ever get reported do they?
its just damn funny to me to read all the stories about how "GC wouldnt give me what i wanted blah blah blah"
are they suppose to?
"yes sir mr customer, you name your price and we will give it to you".
people want to go in and sell high but buy cheap. thats funny to me. its fucking retail people.
they buy low and sell high. thats how retail works essentially.
people on here think they should be able to go in, demand their price, get it, then buy low
and go home with money in their pockets. then we see others come in and back the whole
thing up. roflmfao.
and i do want to make this well known that NONE of this is pointed at the op @chromeboy
either. its just a reoccuring thread or topic on here. its the only thread i see more than
talk me out of or into a........
whats the best.........
how many is to many guitars
how do i make my.....sound like a......

PaulHikeS2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big music shop in NH offered me like $250 for my nearly new sea foam Player Strat. Explained he'd list it for $475. Seemed fair. Plus he was offering $250 off MAP for an AmPro2 Strat. Turned him down - $109 over my budget. I went in there hoping for $350 for my trade and got a guitar shop econ lesson. He even offered me the same deal on the AmPro2 without the trade, but I couldn't come home to the wife with 2 Strats when I left the house with 1. Left with no hard feelings and upgraded the Strat with AmPro electronics and bought 2 great used guitars with the $1100 I saved.

If the guy was a dick to me, I would never have gone back, but as it turned out I bought a nice used acoustic from them a year later.

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
I've sold a few things to GC over the years, and it was strictly for the convenience.

It's stuff I no longer use and is now just taking up space. Give me whatever you will, just take it off my hands, I no longer use it. No messing around with listing it for sale, meeting buyers, etc., just take it to GC and BOOM, it's gone. Yeah, I know I'm not gonna get much for it, and I couldn't care less, just take it away, I no longer use it and it's just in the way.

:coffee:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Funny, because I coincidently purchased online there twice today. I never really do this.

chromeboy

Reaction score
ive met a ton of them. not saying in most cases, but a lot of times its the way customers carry themselves too.
ever notice out of all the GC stories we hear on here not 1 ever mentions about a douche bag customer they saw while in there.
ive seen a ton of them over the yrs but those stores dont ever get reported do they?
its just damn funny to me to read all the stories about how "GC wouldnt give me what i wanted blah blah blah"
are they suppose to?
"yes sir mr customer, you name your price and we will give it to you".
people want to go in and sell high but buy cheap. thats funny to me. its fucking retail people.
they buy low and sell high. thats how retail works essentially.
people on here think they should be able to go in, demand their price, get it, then buy low
and go home with money in their pockets. then we see others come in and back the whole
thing up. roflmfao.
and i do want to make this well known that NONE of this is pointed at the op @chromeboy
either. its just a reoccuring thread or topic on here. its the only thread i see more than
talk me out of or into a........
whats the best.........
how many is to many guitars
how do i make my.....sound like a......
Never expected what I could get for it if I sold it privately but less than half of the selling price. Like I said the guy could have said sorry but it's store policy but no, the guy wS f-ing rude. I wasn't a bad customer or demanded anything, the guy was just rude. When someone turns their back to you to me it means you aren't worth talking to. It just pissed me off that's all. BTW I worked in retail before I knew they would not give me a lot, just didn't think it would be that low. Sorry the guy was an ass and acted like he didn't want to be working there.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've sold a few things to GC over the years, and it was strictly for the convenience.

It's stuff I no longer use and is now just taking up space. Give me whatever you will, just take it off my hands, I no longer use it. No messing around with listing it for sale, meeting buyers, etc., just take it to GC and BOOM, it's gone. Yeah, I know I'm not gonna get much for it, and I couldn't care less, just take it away, I no longer use it and it's just in the way.

:coffee:
My thoughts exactly.
Don't feel like waiting for someone willing to spend what I think my gear may be worth.
Don't want someone coming to my house, or meeting in some parking lot for a local exchange.
Don't feel like paying seller fees, waiting to get paid, and getting jammed on a return or a "never received it" claim.
Don't want the hassle of packaging and dropping of at a shipping point.
Every trade in at GC came with the 10% of the new gear I got, and the discount and trade come off the total before sales tax.
Hard to say it's a complete waste of money.

PaulHikeS2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never expected what I could get for it if I sold it privately but less than half of the selling price. Like I said the guy could have said sorry but it's store policy but no, the guy wS f-ing rude. I wasn't a bad customer or demanded anything, the guy was just rude. When someone turns their back to you to me it means you aren't worth talking to. It just pissed me off that's all. BTW I worked in retail before I knew they would not give me a lot, just didn't think it would be that low. Sorry the guy was an ass and acted like he didn't want to be working there.
Yeah - good rule of thumb is that they will pay you 35-40% of the new price - many shops will then sell it used for 60-70% of the new price. They lost out on a potential profit and likely some future business because he was a dick. That sucks.

MarshallDog

Reaction score

Ive told that GC checks the going rate at what an item is selling/listed at as used and then will only offer 1/3 that price. So you better be ok with that before you walk in there…just saying! They exist for one reason only, to make as much money as they possibly can!!!

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score

my rant honestly has nothing to do with your post or experience at all bro. :cheers: