Gary Moore

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by axe4me, Jan 18, 2021.

1. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

C-Grin likes this.
  2. johnny q

johnny q Well-Known Member

Scott "Gore-Ham" :)

3. RCM 800

RCM 800 Well-Known Member

I'll never understand the insecurity and douchery of some of the guys at the top. I guess it comes up with me being raised so that if I dont have anything complementary to say I wont say anything or at least try not to be a dick if I do have to say something in a negative light. I can appreciate and learn from most genres of music even if I dont like it. Love DP and Rainbow but every time I see interviews of people who have had to deal with RB makes me wonder how he got to the top without someone breaking his jaw.

Redders likes this.
  4. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RCM 800 likes this.
  5. purpleplexi

purpleplexi Well-Known Member

One ingredient of some (but not all) people who get to the top is a monstrous ego. People with monstrous egos are seldom particularly complimentary about people they consider their enemies. Then again some people who get to the top are as nice as pie. As for Ritchie I suspect he's taken a few punches in his day but he's a massive talent and he's passionate about what he does. I enjoyed the documentary he made in reply to the Gillan one. I imagine if he likes you he's a fun guy. On the other hand.....

WellBurnTheSky likes this.
  6. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

excellent use of the sombunall. have a nice fnord day my brother.

btw, if you are not a robert anton wilson fan I have just sounded like a crazy person.

7. WellBurnTheSky

WellBurnTheSky Well-Known Member

Tbh most world-class musicians I've met (and some I've been fortunate to work with) have BOTH: big ego (as in absolute confidence in their abilities), while mostly being very nice and approachable...again, confidence.

RCM 800 likes this.
  8. purpleplexi

purpleplexi Well-Known Member

Interesting. I have a monstrous ego but I'm a complete asshole. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. Well, that and my conspicuous lack of actual talent.

9. WellBurnTheSky

WellBurnTheSky Well-Known Member

Thinking back about that thread, I dug up a Facebook post from Bernie Marsden back when EVH died:

"Donington Park, 1984 - AC/DC were headlining and Van Halen, Ozzy, Gary Moore and Y&T were also all on the bill. I was there as a guest that year, seeing and hanging out with some mates, Gary Moore being my closest friend on the bill.
    Gary had played his set and had been received royally as the true guitar hero he was. I told him I really wanted to go and watch Van Halen from the side of the stage, and told him to come and join me. Neither of us had seen Eddie playing live before, but I was so excited to see him play, gushing about his ability. Gary was obviously aware of the Van Halen records, and slightly reluctantly agreed to join me. I told him that I thought Eddie was the modern equivalent of Eric Clapton - his guitar style was being absorbed and obsessed over by a whole new generation of guitarists. Just like Eric did for us. Gary didn’t seem so sure!
    We took our places side stage and within a few moments Gary was transported. His mouth opening wider in awe, “Bern, I had no idea he was THIS good!”
    That’s how good Eddie Van Halen was, folks - take it from Gary Moore."

Says a lot about all three of them IMHO.