Full stack, anyone?

Ned B

Reaction score
From his history it seems he was still in school into '71. It seems that his function was to test amps. Maybe he had a summer job or internship while still in school.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
Even priced too high and/or warning flags, I love the pics!

Daffy Duck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Then there is the theory that tolex actually helps keep the corner joints of the cabs from "shivering" and that I prefer "stacks" of two "B" cabs….

Still A Nice Piece Of History!
Gene

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had one of these (Marshall Handwired Jimi Hendrix Super 100JH 100W Full Stack). Number 302. I can tell you, with the seats folded down in a 2005 Dodge Magnum, it fit perfectly (laid down) and there was even room for a Stratocaster in a case on one side and a Les Paul in a case on the other side. AND I can tell you that I did not sound like Jimi Hendrix playing that Strat through that amp. I do not know why...

7C75BC3C-EE50-4689-A308-87991A1FC9EF.jpeg

Last edited:

danfrank

Reaction score
Those big silver coupling caps are polystyrene (styroflex) capacitors, among the best for audiophile tube amps but I don't know how they sound in a guitar amp... The black band around the one end on them denotes 630vdc rating.

playloud

Reaction score
Those big silver coupling caps are polystyrene (styroflex) capacitors, among the best for audiophile tube amps but I don't know how they sound in a guitar amp... The black band around the one end on them denotes 630vdc rating.

Perhaps off-topic, but I've been reading the 'Guitar Science' book by Jarmo Lähdevaara and he has this handy reference chart for capacitor types:

Latest posts