Fs: High End Jtm45 Replica Build - Mustards, Merren, Mercury, Pec Pots, Master Volume

coldengray

VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a high end JTM45 replica chassis made by me. This is a clone of my personal '65 JTM45 and has:

- Metro/Valvestorm chassis
- Gold plexi faceplate with vintage correct markings
- NOS Mullard Mustards (not Bianchi)
- NOS brown 60s UK McMurdo octal sockets
- Merren Drake Output Transformer (best in the business)
- Mercury Magnetics Power Transformer putting out a B+ of 450v
- Mercury Magnetics choke
- PEC mil-spec pots
- Paxolin perf board like the originals
- Pink wire from the UK in the vintage correct places
- F&T filter cans and board cap
- Carbon Comp and Carbon Film resistors where it makes vintage sense
- Swamp resistors added to eliminate oscillations with modern power tubes
- LarMar Master Volume using PEC pot on the back with chicken head knob so you can feel the setting
- Sprague electrolytics in the bias circuit.
- High wattage Metal Oxide resistors in the right spots for modern safety
- Improved grounding scheme for low noise operation.

The amp sounds absolutely fantastic and stands up to my vintage '65. It has sweet Fendery cleans when you need them and that unmistakable Marshall crunch when driven hard. When cranked this thing sounds like the hammer of the gods...handwired builds don't get much better than this.

I will ship to USA, Australia, UK, most of Europe but I will NOT ship to Canada (sorry, too much hassle). Contact me for international shipping quote.

If you're looking for the cheapest JTM45 possible, this is not the amp for you. The parts used in this amp were chosen for premium quality and tone, and they weren't cheap. The amp is available as a chassis for $1500 or best offer, which includes preamp tube shields, 3 modern 12AX7 preamp tubes and a modern JJ GZ34 rectifier...no power tubes are included. I feel like this is an extremely fair price given the parts used. You can choose between the faux "Clapton knobs" or standard gold knobs. If you want a head cabinet I can include a vintage correct cabinet for an additional $225, and I will install the chassis into the head cabinet before shipping. Various logo options available if you want to go this route and your logo choice is included in that price...I have a nice vintage accurate gold block M logo and a vintage accurate gold script M logo. If you go with the Clapton Knobs I would choose the block logo for an accurate early '65 look, although my personal '65 is a block logo with gold knobs. You can't go wrong either way.

Contact me with any questions or logo photos. No trades please.

FullSizeRender%2010_zps27bj6bdb.jpg

FullSizeRender%205_zps5ywibffd.jpg

FullSizeRender%207_zps9vrm4qfr.jpg

FullSizeRender%206_zpspz3krjux.jpg

FullSizeRender%209_zpspznp1fkc.jpg

FullSizeRender%2011_zpseq1zzqms.jpg

Last edited:

coldengray

VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what it could look like with head cabinet and logo:

Latest posts