Front garden wall anti butt suggestions please.

Barfly

Expert bottle opener.
Reaction score
Hello M.F'ers,

So the lady who lived next to us (row houses) died last year and her sons decided to finally sell. My wife and I figured lets have some work done on the front.

A. Aesthetics
B. To avoid encroachment issues like we had with the other neighbor when he bought the other house on the other side years ago and
C. to stop random people and neighbors from plopping their asses down on the short wall that was there prior to this one.

The guy did a beautiful job but I told my wife maybe we needed it higher to discourage butt plopper downers. I used to go out and be that guy... "Get off the wall" lol. I'd rather not have to do that except for people who block my driveway and walk to another house that also (all do) have a driveway... I let them have it.

We're 2 blocks from a huge park and that's part of the issue. Lots of foot traffic.

My idea was to get a thingy made, *dull*, small brass or copper studs on strips and have them attached somehow to the limestone so it would be uncomfortable and uninviting to people's asses but not mess with the nice work this guy did.

Sorry, lol. but it is what it is. Not to mention all I need is for some idiot or their kid in the future to fall backwards, crack their head and blame us. Can you dig it? I knew that you could.

I don't even know if that could be done... that's where you M.F.er's come in. Ideas? Jokes? Whatever? Bring it...

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Hello M.F'ers,

So the lady who lived next to us (row houses) died last year and her sons decided to finally sell. My wife and I figured lets have some work done on the front.

A. Aesthetics
B. To avoid encroachment issues like we had with the other neighbor when he bought the other house on the other side years ago and
C. to stop random people and neighbors from plopping their asses down on the short wall that was there prior to this one.

The guy did a beautiful job but I told my wife maybe we needed it higher to discourage butt plopper downers. I used to go out and be that guy... "Get off the wall" lol. I'd rather not have to do that except for people who block my driveway and walk to another house that also (all do) have a driveway... I let them have it.

We're 2 blocks from a huge park and that's part of the issue. Lots of foot traffic.

My idea was to get a thingy made, *dull*, small brass or copper studs on strips and have them attached somehow to the limestone so it would be uncomfortable and uninviting to people's asses but not mess with the nice work this guy did.

Sorry, lol. but it is what it is. Not to mention all I need is for some idiot or their kid in the future to fall backwards, crack their head and blame us. Can you dig it? I knew that you could.

I don't even know if that could be done... that's where you M.F.er's come in. Ideas? Jokes? Whatever? Bring it...
You got a picture for a visual, I cant quite visualize what youre describing. I enjoy these types of challenges :yesway:

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Boxed planter on the top?
Pros: Simply to raise the height to discourage loungers.

Cons: Hopefully not too many ignoramous's use it as a trash collector.
It's always a double edge sword dealing with the abundance of disrespectful douchebags the world has to offer. At least your wall hinders the dog walkers from letting their dogs sheet on your property .

Torren61

Reaction score
I'd prefer to see pics of the wall first but I'll throw this out there, how about a triangle cap on top of the wall? That way it keeps it shorter but makes it uncomfortable to sit on the wall. Maybe a sign asking "Please don't sit on the wall."

Flag

Reaction score
That's tough to do, people will be people. Me, I use the sprinkler out front if someone keeps doing BS. I don't have the traffic you do tho.

Flag

Reaction score
The only thing about a sign asking someone to not do something is it makes it a challenge for some people to do exactly that or to destroy the sign because "You're not the boss of me."
Reminds me of a "stay off the grass" sign I once had out in the front. some people would crush a sprinkler I had out front delivering things to my neighbor. but some kids down the street thought it was meant for them smoking pot out in the road. they yanked it up and tore it in sections, people are complete dumbasses out there....lol

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Doing anything to prevent this is going to cause a reaction.

A) for the ppl it hinders. Because it's their right to hang on your property. Lol

B) for the Karen's/Ken's of the area.
That their child -dog- lattes can't sit level without potential injury.

I live on a corner lot. Where every person thinks that it's their dogs right to use it as a pet restroom. You know the mfers that only come out at night to phuck their neighbors over when nobody's looking. If it's not piles of sheet,its burn marks from piss.
People just have no respect anymore,and that makes me a very ugly individual.
:(

Last edited:

Deftone

Reaction score
Yea, pic would help.

I live on a couple acres and the "road" is one lane private easement. That means neighbors and their guests have access. But some people don't care.

Some jerk decided to put my road on a phone app for Bikes and runners called "Strava" So we get assholes racing up and down the hill on our property. My neighbors and I have all put up signs and some people respect it, but a lot of them don't. Strava says it's my problem, not theirs even though it says in their own rules not to put routes on Private Property.

Latest posts