Friedman JJ 100w, Cab and 2 Les Pauls..unexpected buy !

Mourguitars

Reaction score
This JJ doesn't need a boost at all but , the last few days playing it with different cabs and boosting the front in a little...i like to boost amps..im loving it

Seems it likes TS9s -808s and my TS7 (the sleeper ) the best over my Centura and SD-1 and a Cab with T75/V30s its a ..well a Friedman !

Cab with ReaperHP/Retro30 that sounds great with my 800 was a tad bright but could be dialed out

I might put 2 greenbacks in my Avatar 2x12 and put on top of the Friedman cab to check out but i wanna get so play time in this weekend...this amp likes V30s tho

Im running a Flashback Delay with a Doug Aldrich tone print for a rhythm delay...with a Les Paul its a pure tone machine...and i like the stock pickups in both LP's i bought...they sound righteous with my Rack and Ceriatone 800 as well

I took out the original 12AX7s...they were JJ's , Dave had 2 x12AX7 and 2x 7025 and i put the EHX Pre's in and there 7025's...didnt tell much sound wise but next time i have it on the bench i may swap out the 7025's with some old glass i have. or maybe all old glass....but it seems these amps from what i read like the NP tubes

Mike

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Just gonna have to say, super jelly of the JJ!
I have the 20w JJ Jr, I absolutely love it! But...I do wish it was the full size.

On the 100w in JBE mode...it is super tight , no sag...is the 20w the same way ?

Mike