Footswitch for Marshall Origin 20

HandsomeandHumble

Reaction score
I bought a used Origin 20H a couple of years ago for a really good price. It was supposed to come with the footswitch, but the seller conveniently forgot to bring it and then ghosted me after saying he’d make it right. Not a huge deal since I like the amp a lot, don’t use FX Loops, and didn’t see a huge need for the boost. The problem now is that I do have a sort of an OCD/completist tendency that has me really wanting the switch. Is there a generic option that will work, or do I need to go specifically for the Marshall PEDL-90016? I won’t be paying the retail $100 price for one, but I’m looking out for a used one. Just want to know my options.

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a used Origin 20H a couple of years ago for a really good price. It was supposed to come with the footswitch, but the seller conveniently forgot to bring it and then ghosted me after saying he’d make it right. Not a huge deal since I like the amp a lot, don’t use FX Loops, and didn’t see a huge need for the boost. The problem now is that I do have a sort of an OCD/completist tendency that has me really wanting the switch. Is there a generic option that will work, or do I need to go specifically for the Marshall PEDL-90016? I won’t be paying the retail $100 price for one, but I’m looking out for a used one. Just want to know my options.
Any 2-button latching TRS footswitch will work.
I can swap the footswitches between my O20H, DSL20HR & Haze15 - functions just don't match the button labels.
The amp supports LED lighted FS, but that's also not required.
Mojotone makes some nice ones that are fairly inexpensive, or any generic one would also work.

You can also "turn on" the boost & loop by putting a TRS adapter in the FS jack.

HandsomeandHumble

Reaction score
Any 2-button latching TRS footswitch will work.
I can swap the footswitches between my O20H, DSL20HR & Haze15 - functions just don't match the button labels.
The amp supports LED lighted FS, but that's also not required.
Mojotone makes some nice ones that are fairly inexpensive, or any generic one would also work.

You can also "turn on" the boost & loop by putting a TRS adapter in the FS jack.
Thanks for the advice. I found a 2 button foot switch for my ac30 that I no longer use and sure enough, it worked.

steveb63

Reaction score
I think retail is around $50.00?

Of course, could be wrong these days, should be able to scare up one that will work at one of the usual places.

steveb63

Reaction score

HandsomeandHumble

Reaction score
I saw that one and was going to jump on it, but now that I've found that I have my Vox switch that also works for this, I'm not going to worry about it. I doubt I'll even use the Vox switch now that I've satisfied my curiosity. I don't like the boost function on the Origin. It adds way too much low end for me. I'm not against using an FX Loop, but I've never used one in the past and it's never lost me a gig, so I doubt I'll start using it now.