FM Radio....S**t Sandwich

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by SLICKFASTER, Oct 17, 2020.

1. SLICKFASTER

SLICKFASTER Member

here in FN LA. Jack n Klos are the only stations you might get some rock/metal... I’m talken the same shit songs from the same SHIT bands.. it’s such a fn pant load to have to constantly move the dial to prevent songs I do not want in my head ever again!!!!

Ok is it........
    OZZIES BONEYARD???
    or
    HAIR NATION????

Rorer714 and crossroadsnyc like this.
  2. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Does your cd player work?

MarshallDog and DBI5 like this.
  3. SLICKFASTER

SLICKFASTER Member

Unfortunately my cd collection is very limited...
    Jumped on Pandora!! Might have to get unlimited data plan....

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  4. 80sTone

80sTone Active Member

I just moved out west from east coast, but back in the east I loved college radio - free-form format and no commercials. Thankfully most of those college stations now are available online so I can still listen to them and blue-tooth to the surround sound. Might at least try looking for some college stations - they have a bit more freedom than your commerical radio stations

5. harleytech

harleytech Well-Known Member

I have all my cd's loaded in the radio of my vehicle... about 450 - 500 songs... That's all I play...
    I haven't listened to AM or FM radio for years... No Sirius/XM either... I won't pay for radio...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    SLICKFASTER and anitoli like this.
  6. Im247frogs

Im247frogs Well-Known Member

I know this might sound funny but I didnt even realize broadcast radio was much of a thing anymore since the advent of sirius/xm, and since I haven't listened to the radio for the better part of 20 years until i started leasing a car thru my business and found out that there's still ALL the horseshit, ALL the time, still. Terrible music, annoying adds for 30 minutes out of every hour. One fm station on the entire dial worth listening to and if I turn it and its Springsteen, or The Eagles, or especially Billy Joel, the shit gets turned right back off.
    It's an advertising platform with bad background music.

7. Redders

Redders Well-Known Member

Here in the UK BBC Radio 2 plays some decent songs from time to time. But earlier this year i got a new car so i have digital radio in it now and we have a station called Planet Rock which you guessed it, does exactly like it says on the tin :dude:.

guitronics and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  8. SLICKFASTER

SLICKFASTER Member

I wanna here Marshall vibe RocknRoll/ metal ...
    No punk, sludge, pop rock, jazz, 80s dance,disco, Techno, or grunge, soul, Rnb, Blues, country rap, Blue grass or classical...or Beatles!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  9. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

Pandora gets pretty stupid at times. My playlists don't have a trace of rap, hip hop, or country in them. But sometimes even when playing my most obnoxious 80s hair metal playlist, it'll go full retard and hit me with a string of country or hip hop trash that I just keep hitting the thumbs down on. I guess it wants me to expand my musical horizons. Well... F__K THAT!!!

10. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member

I feel you on this, if you get east of interstate 15 you get one more channel
    KCAL, not really much out here any more, the cd’s are the saving bit of peace.
    Cheers
    Mitch

Rorer714 and guitronics like this.
  11. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Radio is dead...

12. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

While I do listen to some of the 50's/60's/70's/80's stations (mostly to give my daughter a broad overview), those two are definitely my favorites ... I kinda just dial back and forth depending on what's playing. If I had to pick just one then I'd go w/Hair Nation ... but the Boneyard absolutely rocks :metal:

Though, I do tend to use the Apple play thing more and more these days ... I like being my own DJ.

13. SLICKFASTER

SLICKFASTER Member

Been listening AM TALK.....Patriot radio and The Answer..... Dropped Cable TV, its a joke for the $$... now Im running rabbit ears...Can’t stomach the local fake news..
    2 1/2 Men, some Seinfeld, King of Queens and Emeril is about all worth watching.
    This place fills a lot of the void

Drinkingdeath01, jmp45 and guitronics like this.
  14. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

The only television I've had on for nearly the last 2 1/2 years (w/rare exception) has been cartoons. There are a couple of radio personalities I'll dial in on occasion. I'd rather listen to music though. Music makes me feel real emotion, whereas the other stuff produces a fake anger that just makes me want to key cars and insult people. Maybe punch them in the nose and break a finger. That's not a good feeling. Rock & Roll with a good solo is a good feeling.

15. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

I think they're experimenting with classification algorithms and....it ain't going well

Especially if you add obscure artists to see which tracks of theirs they have --- prepare to see the genre misclassified entirely... like add an instrumental shredder, get a bunch of DJ whoeverthehell dance remixes of godknowswhat

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 8:06 AM
    guitronics and Robus like this.
  16. Rorer714

Rorer714 Member

when I moved to LA in '81 we had KMET (the Mighty Met) along w/KLOS and both played great music. now KMET is long gone, replaced by "smooth jazz", KLOS plays the same 50 songs over & over and Jack is just OK. other big cities have great radio stations so why not LA? you'd think, in a media-influenced city, we'd have good radio-sadly not so.

Mitchell Pearrow and guitronics like this.
  17. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

...they do???

I drove through 48 states several years ago, and almost everywhere was rebroadcasting the SAME content and the same anchors, with little plugged in sound bytes addressing the locals by name to make it SEEM like they had their own stations

...nope. Same several dudes across state lines and time zones.

guitronics likes this.
  18. SLICKFASTER

SLICKFASTER Member

Metal isn’t PC and the the demographics of the fans aren’t urban enough to attract sponsors that would support the effort. Anchovy and Sorrow Smith are the Token rock bands...
    But you can fill a XXL ass hat with all the grunge, Speed pop and drunken Cher bands that are on the air... DARK TIMES

19. Mrmadd

Mrmadd Member

Most regular FM radio broadcast stations are to busy chasing ratings to worry about playing a variety of good music. I apllied for a sales job years ago at a famous Phila. station. 1st thing they told me "its not about the music"

As a guitar player with MARSHALL AMPS, IT IS ABOUT THE MUSIC!

Try the app Radio FM. It is free and your device will stream live radio from around the world 24/7. I have found great radio broadcasts from Canada to Germany and more. All genres are represented.
    European radio is more metal friendly. Thousands of stations to find, worldwide.
    As for Pandora, they SUCK big time, with too many adds and they keep pestering you for money.

20. jmcnmr

jmcnmr New Member