First pedal build

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Ufoscorpion, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Ufoscorpion

Ufoscorpion Well-Known Member

Well pleased with myself , I built a fuzz pedal yesterday from a kit and it works great . First time I’ve done anything like this and it only took approx 3hrs start to finish . It’s a hand wired on a small eyelet board clone of a colour sound Tonebender 1.5 pedal . I’ve never really been into fuzz but thought I needed one after watching a couple of vids on YouTube at Macari’s in Denmark street London . No way was I paying hundreds of pounds for one of their recreations so thought I would give this £30 kit a go . Sound proper nasty , very vintage , instant Hendrix / Clapton vibe . Amazing how the guitar volume and tone knobs change the sound on these pedals , well happy . I also noticed if the ‘attack’ is kept right down and the level right up you can get a huge volume boost only out of it , very cool .

2. FracStrat

FracStrat Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Very Cool !!

Ufoscorpion likes this.
  3. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

Good deal spend some time on how the circuits work in those pedals. So what is the next build

4. FleshOnGear

FleshOnGear Well-Known Member

Great job, scorp! It feels good, doesn’t it? To me it’s like getting away with stealing a nice fuzz pedal, but better.

Ufoscorpion likes this.
  5. Ufoscorpion

Ufoscorpion Well-Known Member

I did sort of half expect it not to work properly I must admit , the hardest bit for me was seeing the colour of the bands on the bag of resistors lol , oh and soldering onto the pots ( didn’t want to take initially) . I’m not bad at soldering, but up until now only soldered speakers and done a couple of cap jobs on old jmp’s I’ve bought in the past which all went fine . My next project wil be a vintage Marshall in a box type pedal from the same guy which also sounds great in his demo and that comes in at £45 , same deal , will be all hand wired aswell .

WellBurnTheSky likes this.
  6. WellBurnTheSky

WellBurnTheSky Well-Known Member

Congrats, using pedals you've built yourself is super rewarding !