For you guys who don’t know me, I lost the use of my right hand back in 2003. Shortly after that I started trying to figure out how to work on amps and play guitar. I ended up wrapping my thumb and index finger with sports tape. To work on amps, I either use the soldering iron in my good hand and loop the spool of solder on my index finger, but I found that taping the iron in my hand like I was holding a pencil. This works much better but I have to be careful and not let the iron wander. I started building 5F1/5F2A clones out of my vast collection of resistors and caps, and using a donor solid state combo amp. I tried building a Matchless Spitfire out of a Hammond organ amp and that didn’t turn out nearly as well as the little single ended amps. So I approached the JTM45 with some trepidation. The first mistake I made was getting the chassis and faceplates from China. The PT cutout was made to fit a 5F6A PT. I ended up enlarging the cutout to fit the proper Heyboer JTM45 PT. There were threaded receivers on all the preamp tube holes, and on the mounting tabs on the sides of the chassis. I had to deal with stuff like that all the time. Tube sockets were 90 degrees wrong, etc. I got the board from ValveStorm and ordered the small parts kit to populate it. That kept me busy for that month while I waited for the next month so I could order more parts. From there it snowballed and sucked me into the project hard. My transformer set arrived beat to hell. When I opened the box, all that was there was the OT. So, that set me back again. I just started wiring up what I could while I waited for the replacement iron. By the time the PT and choke arrived, I had read the build guide until I knew what everything was and what everything did. The amp went together pretty quickly after that. I had two loose grounds that were pretty easy to troubleshoot. I biased up the tubes and headed to my friend’s house where he was holding the 2x12 combo cab. First we ran the chassis on top of his 1960A cab. I was floored. It sounded sooooooo good I couldn’t believe it! I had my dream amp. Then we put it in the combo cab with a pair of Eminence Texas Heats. Sounded like ass. Not a good word to say about those speakers. Then one of the KT66’s lost its vacuum. I had to put some old 5881’s in it and live with that while I waited for the replacement tube. I also ordered a pair of Greenbacks from ZZounds on their payment plan. I can handle a small monthly payment much easier than buying them outright. Finally all the pieces came together and the beast was roaring again. I know this is old hat to most of you guys, but damn I can’t stop smiling! Here are some pics. The reason I mentioned the hand thing first so maybe y’all will go easy on me with the wiring job. Thanks for reading this rambling story. When the roads get clear of all that ice, I’m gonna take it to my friend’s house and hopefully get some decent sound clips.