Film: Titanic (1997)

Gutch220

Reaction score
Why is this film held in such high esteem?
I mean, you have this rich man who provides & cares for his fiance. He takes her on a luxurious trip. She isn't happy with him, because she is just using him for his money. Nobody is holding a gun to her head.
So, what does she do? She cheats on her fiance within 2 days with a stranger, leaves fiance for dead on a sinking ship, then ghosts him while on shore.
Yet people romanticize it -and her actions. In reality, she's a cheating gold-digger
just sayin'

Last edited:

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was plenty of room on that big door for Jack. That's my only issue with Rose.

And if I remember correctly she was being forced to marry the rich guy by her gold digging mother.

Either way nice hooters..:cool:

And Cal the rich guy was an giant A-hole. He really proved it when the boat was sinking.

Last edited:

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
First time I've heard someone say "Titanic" is held in high esteem. In my circles, it has always been dismissed as cinematic dreck, albeit well produced with great effects. Not to defend the movie, but my read on her unhappiness is because he treated her as a trophy or an accessory, and didn't see her as an equal or a partner. He was a dick. That being said, the only thing worthwhile about that movie is watching the ship sink.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I'd like to eat Rose's tulip.

lesbian-lips-woman-girl-pink-260nw-650672236.jpg

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
The best part was the ship sinking?? you musta missed the hooters part..
Well, that kind of goes without saying. Kept hoping they would make another appearance.

But the fact that it won Best Picture without even a screenwriting nomination speaks volumes. It was a technical masterpiece, but the story was garbage.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
First time I've heard someone say "Titanic" is held in high esteem. In my circles, it has always been dismissed as cinematic dreck, albeit well produced with great effects. Not to defend the movie, but my read on her unhappiness is because he treated her as a trophy or an accessory, and didn't see her as an equal or a partner. He was a dick. That being said, the only thing worthwhile about that movie is watching the ship sink.
You win this thread AFAIC.

trophy2.gif

Derek S

Reaction score
Saw it once and that was enough, never understood the lovefest over this movie. I'm not a Dicaprio hater either, he definitely grew into a great actor and I like quite a few of his flicks, but yeah, hard pass on repeat Titanic viewings for me lol.

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
That is kind of the story of Seinfeld. Some woman was on a cruise for her honeymoon and Seinfeld goes after her and she leaves her new husband...

Latest posts