Fender Jimmy Page Telecaster

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
I think this is a cool idea because for my money JP always ripped on a Tele. Just my .02

stringtree

Reaction score
it is a signature model...

unfortunately, they put the signature right under where they were to install the tuners... derp, derp, derp...

View attachment 54488

I've had the pleasure to own an Ibanez JS100 guitar. All around excellent guitar. My only beef was Joes name on the 21st fret.
I had it removed. The guitar tech did a great job, couldn't tell. I did not buy the guitar because of Joe, or desire to be him. I got it because how awesome it played and sounded.

IMO about Signature guitars, I dig the fact they are based off successful artists specs, but they need to leave room for the person buying it to make it there own. Maybe not everyone will know whos guitar your playing, but when the artists stick their name right out front...come on now. I guess if your collecting thats one thing, but what fun is that.

I totally respect Jimmy for putting it on the back of the headstock.

No right or wrong here....just stating a different opinion.

ibanez-js100-2327319 (224x440).jpg

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've had the pleasure to own an Ibanez JS100 guitar. All around excellent guitar. My only beef was Joes name on the 21st fret.
I had it removed. The guitar tech did a great job, couldn't tell. I did not buy the guitar because of Joe, or desire to be him. I got it because how awesome it played and sounded.

IMO about Signature guitars, I dig the fact they are based off successful artists specs, but they need to leave room for the person buying it to make it there own. Maybe not everyone will know whos guitar your playing, but when the artists stick their name right out front...come on now. I guess if your collecting thats one thing, but what fun is that.

I totally respect Jimmy for putting it on the back of the headstock.

No right or wrong here....just stating a different opinion.

View attachment 54490
that's why I'd rather have the white mirror guitar, than the dragon...

I thought about getting one of those EVH (Fender Mx) red striped guitars. I'd probably have to paint it though. I couldn't play "Eddie's" guitar...

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
it is a signature model...

unfortunately, they put the signature right under where they were to install the tuners... derp, derp, derp...

View attachment 54488

That is pretty funny that they would put the cheapo junk tuners on a Page Tele.
I mean do you think Page has cheap tuners on his Tele? Probably not I am thinking.
The first thing is take those off and put on Shallers, obviously.
And the signature on the back of the headstock, that's just weird.
What's up w/ that?
At least they got something made in USA.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
That is pretty funny that they would put the cheapo junk tuners on a Page Tele.
I mean do you think Page has cheap tuners on his Tele? Probably not I am thinking.
The first thing is take those off and put on Shallers, obviously.
And the signature on the back of the headstock, that's just weird.
What's up w/ that?
At least they got something made in USA.
It's what the original probably had...

history, Jeff Beck owned the Tele & it became band property (Yardbirds)

early pic of Jimmy:
ae69b30c8fd3b6ac8c1cc5a159aec8fe.jpg

then he added some discs, for a psychedelic look:
197702aa318f72081da1294cd5d5ee03--james-patrick-fender-guitars.jpg

then, he stripped it down & drew the dragon on it:
tumblr_n0fq1cB2Ko1s9dapxo1_400.jpg

after that, he went on tour w/ Zeppelin & a friend, took it & had it professionally repainted w/o Jimmy's consent/knowledge. When he got back from tour, he was surprised & said that the guitar was ruined.

I think he made a bit too much out of it, because he said the electronics didn't work (a pickup or something) & that the paint ruined the tone, so he yanked the neck off & put it on another Tele & said that nobody will ever hear/see that body again...

I mean, no doubt, he was (beyond) upset, who wouldn't be, but, I doubt that the body tone was ruined beyond restoration, nor the electronics. Probably just a bad solder joint...

stringtree

Reaction score
that's why I'd rather have the white mirror guitar, than the dragon...

I thought about getting one of those EVH (Fender Mx) red striped guitars. I'd probably have to paint it though. I couldn't play "Eddie's" guitar...

I've played Eddie's striped guitars at SA and GC. When you pick that guitar out to play, people notice, and right away the pressure is on. Certain expectations come when playing his guitars, really any known guitarist for that matter.

Something to think about, play the artists guitar they endorse, (thats free) find out what you like about it and apply it to your own..

stringtree

Reaction score
It's what the original probably had...

history, Jeff Beck owned the Tele & it became band property (Yardbirds)

early pic of Jimmy:
ae69b30c8fd3b6ac8c1cc5a159aec8fe.jpg

then he added some discs, for a psychedelic look:
197702aa318f72081da1294cd5d5ee03--james-patrick-fender-guitars.jpg

then, he stripped it down & drew the dragon on it:
tumblr_n0fq1cB2Ko1s9dapxo1_400.jpg

after that, he went on tour w/ Zeppelin & a friend, took it & had it professionally repainted w/o Jimmy's consent/knowledge. When he got back from tour, he was surprised & said that the guitar was ruined.

I think he made a bit too much out of it, because he said the electronics didn't work (a pickup or something) & that the paint ruined the tone, so he yanked the neck off & put it on another Tele & said that nobody will ever hear/see that body again...

I mean, no doubt, he was (beyond) upset, who wouldn't be, but, I doubt that the body tone was ruined beyond restoration, nor the electronics. Probably just a bad solder joint...

White guitar with black stripes
777.jpg

Reflectors added
5255.jpg

The dragon guitar.....hmmm.......
Do we have a theme going here..... LOL
Snake_Dragon_Guitar (250x440).jpg

This tele below, just oozes of Zeppelin tones. I have owned one similar that was stock. It had some body weight to it.
I love me some lacquer! To my ears, lacquer is its secret sauce. Never played the painted ones.

555.jpg

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...nal-telecaster-natural-with-maple-fingerboard

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-telecaster-natural-with-rosewood-fingerboard

Last edited:

Latest posts