Fender CEO Warns Of Continuing Guitar Shortages

El Gringo

Reaction score
So because of the Pandemic which was a plus for the Guitar makers as more people were learning how to play and buying guitars and with the Global shortage and demand on everything we have a shortage and sorry we have to increase our prices ! Great , instead of counting there money and being happy they want to screw the consumer and ready -make more profits . Same Old Song and Dance - Stick em up and gives us more money ! Another example of why I have put the brake on any major instrument purchase as I am sensitive to getting stuck up . Yes I still continue to scan the usual sites I look at on a daily basis , but I am not loving the price hikes which I can only imagine will increase this year as the year has yet barely begun . Tell me this folks - do any of you folks believe once all the shortages in the supply chain gets worked out do you think prices will level off or decrease ? I certainly don't . For example as Gas prices have supposedly gone down at my local pump it has gone down 2 cents a gallon . Great thanks for continuing to screw the consumer as usual ! Global shortages is code for stick em up and pay more suckers , like at the grocery store !

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Megaphone for the corporation?

I think Fender American Original Strats and Teles are interesting, but not for $ 2.100 - 2.300. Therefore I buying build kits for about $ 400 - 500, and build similar guitars instead. Sorry if I'm not playing the game.

anitoli

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me any. The odds of me buying any new Fender guitar are exactly zero anyway.

Guitar shortage? Checked the music stores and pawn shops lately? Looks like they're full to the rafters with guitars they can't sell!!!
Yep. Pawn shops suck now compared to what they used to be, but there are definitely guitars available for anyone who doesn't need their hand held by the "experts."

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
So because of the Pandemic which was a plus for the Guitar makers as more people were learning how to play and buying guitars and with the Global shortage and demand on everything we have a shortage and sorry we have to increase our prices ! Great , instead of counting there money and being happy they want to screw the consumer and ready -make more profits . /QUOTE]

:wow:
oh sure, its fine for "other companies but as soon as fender.......:ugh:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Tell me this folks - do any of you folks believe once all the shortages in the supply chain gets worked out do you think prices will level off or decrease ? !

NO bro. holy crap right now........
look, ive said it many of times on here before, the ONLY prices that go up and down
are gas prices and housing prices. thats it. period. the only reason they get to do it is to push for travel
and vacations of the people. we travel we spend.
prices go up and we get use to paying those prices and if they do drop they only drop
maybe 20% of the hike. they still get the 80% increase and tell us they are giving back
to us by dropping 20%. they screw you coming and they screw you going. what i DONT get is why
people dont just keep their cash and credit in their wallets for a solid yr. buy used.
if we protested with out wallets on our gear prices would settle back real fast. sure it would hurt
in some areas a bit but if we bannded together and just held off we would see some changes
and they would realize that we have had enough. remember, prices are up and so are the profits as well.
why the hell dont they cut back on their PROFITS instead of always dipping into our profits?
because they are in business to get as much of ours as possible to increase theirs, and some folks are steady
handing theirs over on the regular. they are tempted by the glitters that arent gold.