Farewell to my Best Friend Krusher

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
With tears in my eyes and a wounded soul, I say farewell to Krusher (Christopher Gill). He passed away late Sunday night from Pancreatic cancer after 2 years of indescribable suffering and misery. He leaves behind his wife Alli , who was by his side throughout this ordeal, can't even imagine the pain she endured and continues to do so now. May the Lord Bless Her!. He worked for the TOB for 29 7/8 years, and passed just 2 months short of his retirement, 30 years......

A little about Chris;

If it is 3:30 at night , snowing and you are broken down on the Parkway, now even though he has to be at work at the TOB in an hour, he comes and rescues you, no questions asked.

On my birthday, he would throw me a party and bake me a cake! Invite everybody over ( I am 60 , he was 55 and we still had parties like a kid, followed by an epic music jamm from our band Stomping Grounds.

If you were in pain, he would be the first to call up, or come over and talk things over.

If someone tried to hurt you, Krusher would be the first to defend you, no matter the consequences afterward.

I and numerous other friends considered Krusher as their best friend!

He was a great guitar player and an even better friend.....

May He Rest In Peace....My soul is wounded from seeing how much pain and suffering he endured.

See you on the other side MY Brother, Farewell

Love Pete

Attachments

• IMG_7030.JPG
    IMG_7030.JPG
    557.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7031.JPG
    IMG_7031.JPG
    425.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7035 copy.jpg
    IMG_7035 copy.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7038 copy.jpg
    IMG_7038 copy.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 20

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for something I don't remember what.
Sorry to hear of your loss.
I lost my best mate to brain cancer two years ago, a couple of months before his 60th.
My wife's battle with ovarian cancer continues and while she is in remission, we never get complacent.
It's a horrible disease that can completely destroy your life and that of your loved ones.

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The things people go through in life.

My mom battled cancer for 5 months.
One day, I got the phone call.

I lost my best friend of 35 years after achieving (what were to us) legendary gigs, to depression, alcohol and probably dementia.
I spent 4 years and countless hours talking him down from the ledge from New York to Tennessee.

My dad was recently given 6 months to live, and passed away from cancer in just 2 weeks after we, and Hospice, cared for him around the clock.
I was home at the time, and I got the phone call.

I am changing. Mercy, forgiveness, kindness, empathy... that's all that really matters to me anymore. We are all going to eventually face the same fate. And all the bullshit that is going on in the world today is simply evil rotten against all that is good and right and beautiful. I am not going to be part of that.

Last edited:

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
I am so sorry for your losses Vin, I completely understand and have been in the same circumstances, it's fuckin horrible is all I can say. As for your last paragraph, I agree 100% with your sentiments, 100%. And as for that phone call.......a guys worst nightmare.

Georgiatec, sorry for your loss, these deaths change a person, my positive view of the world and my Faith have diminished.

May we ALL somehow make any sense of this.....

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
I am so sorry for your losses Vin, I completely understand and have been in the same circumstances, it's fuckin horrible is all I can say. As for your last paragraph, I agree 100% with your sentiments, 100%. And as for that phone call.......a guys worst nightmare.

Georgiatec, sorry for your loss, these deaths change a person, my positive view of the world and my Faith have diminished.

I am so sorry for your loss.

You have my sincerest condolences.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
The things people go through in life.

My mom battled cancer for 5 months.

I lost my best friend of 35 years after achieving (what were to us) legendary gigs, to depression, alcohol and probably dementia.
I spent 4 years and countless hours talking him down from the ledge from New York to Tennessee.

My dad was recently given 6 months to live, and passed away from cancer in just 2 weeks after we, and Hospice, cared for him around the clock.
I was home at the time, and I got the phone call.

I am changing. Mercy, forgiveness, kindness, empathy... that's all that really matters to me anymore. We are all going to eventually face the same fate. And all the bullshit that is going on in the world today is simply evil rotten against all that is good and right and beautiful. I am not going to be part of that.
Heartfelt condolences for you Vin.

Yes, as we get older and start losing those closest to us, we tend to let go of any petiness and quit sweating small stuff and offenses.

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks HT. Never lose faith. :yesway:
(Losing faith is not allowed on the forum. ;))

Latest posts