EVH 5150 Iconic [How can this work?]

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Fear of digital , great name for a band!
Besides I’m all for it since tubes are a kings ransom now !

i always thought this would be a kick ass band name.
by far the worst guitar tone ive ever heard though.
well, ive never thought toni had a tone worth mentioning but this
tone is gawd awful

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
i always thought this would be a kick ass band name.
by far the worst guitar tone ive ever heard though.
well, ive never thought toni had a tone worth mentioning but this
tone is gawd awful

Oh my god , 20 seconds !

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
i am confused on this album though. its been said that Dio wrote these tues but Ian sang them, but then ive heard Ian 100% behind these songs. im betting Ian personally.

okgb

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like something Eddie would go for and if it was you think they'd say so. He did approve the overdrive pedal so maybe he would approve of a more affordable amp. What was the reason he left peavey ?

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like something Eddie would go for and if it was you think they'd say so. He did approve the overdrive pedal so maybe he would approve of a more affordable amp. What was the reason he left peavey ?

if you notice in everything Eddy released he wanted to make things affordabl and quality
so everybody who wanted one had opportunity to do so.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
I bet it will sound great, EVH, James Brown... People won't mess with Eddie's legacy. have you ever heard about a bad 5150 amp?

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Solid state clipping. And frankly....that's cheap. Literally cheap to mass produce.

Eddie's barely reached ground temperature and already Wolfie is cheapening the product line. That's just sad.
That amp was in the works and planned before Eddie passed, so it wasn't Wolf taking advantage of his dad's legacy in some opportunistic money grab as you suggest.

I am sure Eddie was well aware of his condition and time he had left and made specific arrangements as to who is authorized to carry on his brand/logos/music.

Eddie himself said it normally would take two to three years from an idea to develop into a product. Also, James Brown of Peavey 5150 fame is involved in the design.

Why you went after Wolf and not FMIC is a little weird to me. I think they could have waited, but if it was already scheduled and units were being built for a launch I don't see the problem.

EDIT : I see others have already said basically the same things I did. That whole "ground temperature" remark just made me have to reply before reading on.

Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
You also failed to read additional comments. Including ones made by me.

There's a lesson to be learned there, one most people won't take to heart: READ THE WHOLE TOPIC, every post, to be sure you've got the most up to date information and comments from all concerned. Later comments can change the context and intent of previous ones.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
You also failed to read additional comments. Including ones made by me.

There's a lesson to be learned there, one most people won't take to heart: READ THE WHOLE TOPIC, every post, to be sure you've got the most up to date information and comments from all concerned. Later comments can change the context and intent of previous ones.

to whom are you addressing

Latest posts