Ever only play one?

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
I guess I’m the minority here but…..

I only ever pick up one guitar out of my 4 electrics and in my head I think I may as well sell the others. The other three are cracker guitars but nothing comes close to the feels and sound of my special tribute.

Anyone else in the same boat???

lespaul339

Reaction score
I sold all my guitars I didn't want or play anymore. I still have 14 of them, but I can honestly say that each and every one gets playing time. I try to keep that in mind when I'm looking at another guitar I want. Is it going to cause another one to just sit and not get played. It keeps me from buying more guitars at the moment.

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
I’ve had the itch for a junior either LP or SG or a special for ages and I know they’re gonna sound almost the same as my tribute so I’ve held off for now. I thought having a single coil (tele) p90 (tribute special) humbucker (also a tribute) and high gain humbucker (EVH special) would fill all the tonal spectrums but nothing beats the p90 growl and bite. I use this to play van halen licks over the Evh guitar, I prefer this over the humbucker LP for Gary Moore and guns and roses type sounds. The only thing my p90 doesn’t do is a liquid lead sound such as Via as the hum is immense with the gain dimed and adding a compressor, tube screamer etc just sounds stupid loud.
Maybe I’m just all about the p90s now and forever 😁

V-man

Reaction score
Do they make a desirable robot tuner with ez-pup swap option and extendable/collapsable scale with hardtail/trem toggling?

in short, fuck no. 1-2 inspire rock most. 2-3 do Metal X or Y best. So there are no fewer than 2 in the hands in a week or 3 in a month.

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Personal preference, ain't it? While Axe4me owns like 90% of all the guitars on the forum, the rest of us own the other 10%. So, we each have to take what we can get, and there's usually only one star guitar of our show. If the Special Tribute is the star of your show, then really, all's you need's is a cheap backup. I guess I'm just firing off from my frontal lobes here with this, but ya see what I'm sayin'?

Last edited:

Lance Chambers

Reaction score
Unfortunately; I own 18 guitars but I only play the same two repetitively. One E standard and one D standard. They are two of my least expensive. Don’t ask me why but the only logical reason I can extrapolate is that I’m an idiot.:drunk:

I have considered loading them up, heading to GC and trading all of them for a good quality 60’s Standard. Knowing the dements that work at GC I would probably fare better just piling them up in the back yard and setting them on fire. :applause:

Like I said; I’m an idiot! :facepalm:

-BOOGIEMAN-

Reaction score
I currently have 3 electrics and 1 acoustic. I rotate between all of them during the week as all have different neck styles and sizes. I like to be comfortable playing any guitar and this I believe helps accomplish that. I do have my eyes on a Les Paul Custom that will probably be my last addition, never mind that I say that every time I buy another ha ha!!!
:nutkick:

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
I currently have 3 electrics and 1 acoustic. I rotate between all of them during the week as all have different neck styles and sizes. I like to be comfortable playing any guitar and this I believe helps accomplish that. I do have my eyes on a Les Paul Custom that will probably be my last addition, never mind that I say that every time I buy another ha ha!!!
:nutkick:
I always wanted a les paul custom. Black with gold hardware. Only since I found p90s it’s become a no go. I would never be happy. Definitely the most beautiful guitar in my opinion but it just wouldn’t sound right.
I’ve only one place to go from where I am and that’s to try a junior! The p90 raw aggressive growl gets me every time I plug in and from every video I see comparing a junior to a 2 pickup p90 the junior always has something special.
I fear I’ll be getting a junior and the tribute might end up as my beater guitar I’ll take everywhere and keep the junior in a case for special times.
I’ll be going guitar shopping end of may to many new shops up in York when away with the wife so see what happens 🧐😁

DirtySteve

VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to sell some stuff ,including my newly acquired 2020 LP Standard and I'm going to part out most of my Warmoth builds and sell most of it off. I try and try to love my other guitars but the only one that feels and sounds right every time I pick it up is my 2013 Tribute with a set of Jim Wagner Darkburst pickups in it that I refinished a few years ago. It does it all and is the only guitar I own that I don't fight with in some way, it's really the only guitar I need.

CeLvxzo.jpg

Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I own about six guitars. Only two of them get played much. I alternate between those two. There would be a third but I have been lazy and haven't gotten around to replacing or shimming the nut, which it badly needs.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
I always wanted a les paul custom. Black with gold hardware. Only since I found p90s it’s become a no go. I would never be happy. Definitely the most beautiful guitar in my opinion but it just wouldn’t sound right.
I’ve only one place to go from where I am and that’s to try a junior! The p90 raw aggressive growl gets me every time I plug in and from every video I see comparing a junior to a 2 pickup p90 the junior always has something special.
I fear I’ll be getting a junior and the tribute might end up as my beater guitar I’ll take everywhere and keep the junior in a case for special times.
I’ll be going guitar shopping end of may to many new shops up in York when away with the wife so see what happens 🧐😁
Why not get a Black Custom and get some gold covered, humbucker sized P90's? Best of both worlds for ya IMHO. :cool:

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have something like eight electrics and five acoustics. I keep them all in cases and only pull out two at a time. I play those two until I'm done with them and they go in their cases and out come two more. Every time I start playing one that was in the case for a while, I'm like "This thing is KILLER!" Most of them are so different in sound and feel that it's like getting a new guitar again.

I attempted to sell and/or trade my PRS McCarty and my SG Supreme for cash or a LP Custom (before I bought my Classic) but I got no takers. When I finally played the PRS, I rediscovered it had a thick neck and the P90s were SO sweet. Last night I played my SG Supreme and it was such a joy. It has 24 frets and P90s and it was KILLER. I won't make the mistake of letting either of them go.

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
I don't play much right now because I've lost all inspiration and just not into it right now. I also don't have that many guitars; maybe 5 or so.

That being said, when I WAS playing often, the answer to the question is: Yes.

I would have my main guitar and that was the one I played. When I got a new one, THAT became the one I played. I mean, that's why I bought it, to paly it. And then when I got yet another one, that's the one I played from there on out. I don't buy a guitar to look at it, or even more ridiculous, as an investment. I buy it to play, so that's what I do. The one that is the newest/most recent, is that one for a reason, and that's the one that gets played.

I'll play again, and I'll play the other guitars again, but when I did play regularly, I'd have 1 guitar that I play, that's teh main machine. This goes for both acoustic and electric.

But basically Yes; jsut 1 guitar.

:coffee:

RCM 800

Reaction score
I actually play my favorite guitar, my r7 Les Paul Custom, less than most other guitars. Im clumsy and hate when it gets dinged and messed up. I go thru phases where I will spend more time on LPs or teles or strats. Right now, and actually for the last couple years Ive been in super strat mode. Mostly been playing my Jackson dinkeys but just picked up a charvel and Im really digging it a lot.

jeffb

Reaction score
I've got 3 Les Pauls and a 335.

I only play my #1, and I've always been the kind of guy who wants one amazing guitar, not a bunch of mediocre to good ones. My Brother is the opposite- he won't pay big $ for a guitar and instead has several mid priced and inexpensive guitars.

Once I get moved and settled, I'll be selling the others (they are in storage and all three are in various states of "needs some work"- I'll probably "husk" them out for cheap)