Enjoying the second greatest sound of any Marshall this evening

MickeyS

Reaction score
I'm pretty lucky as well. We are in good standing with my neighbors, and they actually come see my band play so they get to hear the set list before anyone else lol. I'm running two half stacks in stereo(JVM plus a 2205 or a 1959), through a PA consisting of two Carvin 18" subs, two Peavey 2x15/horn tops, all powered by 4500 watts of Crown power amps. My stuff is in the basement, which helps. I also don't like playing loud when windows are open. Not everything is meant for public listening.

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
Back when I lived in a flat my neighbour across from me kept moaning about the bass from my class 5 in 0.1 watt mode saying was too loud.
He didn’t work. The kinda scum who took everything from government for free as his job was to keep an eye on his wife every waking second. Very strange man.
Anyhow, nearly ended up in a punch up after a big row in corridor and he walked off back inside and that was that……..

Borrowed my pals orange thunderverb 50 and 4x12. Well he came with it too.
Middle of the day. Volume up about 3/4 and off we went. This was 13 years ago and I was shite then so it would of been horrible to listen too 🤣 my pal was good and played some low tuned stuff with a dropped low string. Drop C maybe and Jesus the whole building was shaking with bass. No idea if he banged the door or what but we never spoke again after and he never knocked about the class 5 sound either 😀
Them thunderverbs had some great low end kick. Shame it wasn’t the 200 watt variant!

Dave J

Reaction score
I have an old Mesa Boogie Mark II Simul-Class with the EV speaker as my heavy artillery. It can get very very loud.

Old Punker

Reaction score
I had livestock of some sort in my attic. Then I cranked up two of my Superlead full stacks, all the way and in stereo, and just riffed for a few minutes.

Haven't heard an animal in the attic ever since. It's been months.

Not sure how well this works with two legged vermin, but it seems to be very successful on the four legged varieties.
Or maybe you just haven't heard ever since?

Old Punker

Reaction score
We all know the greatest sound of any Marshall is that of one (or more) cranked on stage in front of a receptive audience. This evening I had to settle for the second best sound of any Marshall: that of one (or more) cranked to make a statement to asshole neighbors.

This evening’s statement was: Welcome to the complex, new neighbors! I know you are quite accustomed to using your outside voice wherever to participate in your domestic altercations and haven’t taught your child not to tear ass up/down the stairs inside, but when you decide to treat both your right and left next door neighbors to a heapin’ helping of shitty bass blaring from your entertainment center, I am inspired, nay, compelled to join the merriment myself, and you now know, your friendly neighbor on the left plays guitar!

This evening our new friends were treated to a 15 min introductory session of C# MIA Randy Rhoads via a 2203 JMP through a quad of V30s, boosted by an Okko Dominator as an OD. I took it easy on them as a gesture of welcome (and pity to the one on the left of me) and had the master below 4. If a real statement is necessary, I’ll be placing the G12K-100 quad against the wall and cranking the 1959RR. Sadly (yet happily) I get the feeling such a statement will be required in the near future. In other news, my old neighbor asked me If I can get her package that was delivered to the old addy. My response was that I would be happy to do so on the condition that she return at once and evict the jackasses who replaced her.
Many years ago I lived on the 2nd floor of a 3 story apartment building. I had a big fat (300 pound at least) bitch living above me who had hard floors and insisted on stomping every time she walked around. The noise drove me nuts. The light fixtures on my ceiling rattled like hell and one even fell apart! I phoned her and tried to reason with her but she just stomped harder. I went to the condo board but she wouldn't listen to them either. When I was near my breaking point I started to crank my 150W stereo to 3/4 volume (I didn't play guitar back then) through two tower speakers and set up my RATM cd (the one with the incendiary monk) on continuous loop and then leave the building for a couple of hours (since it was way too loud to stay). :applause:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I was wearing my Etymotic high fidelity earplugs. So my hearing wasn't damaged. :cool:

I like it palpably loud, rattling my pant legs and shaking my balls, but I don't like painfully loud sounds in my ears. SO I wear ear protection. When I found the Etymotics, I knew I'd found the ear protection for me. They don't muffle the sound like regular plugs, they just attenuate all frequencies more or less evenly. I get about the same sound as without earplugs, just much quieter.

Latest posts