Echoplex Clone

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Silverdome, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Well-Known Member Double Platinum Supporting Member

@Silverdome I understand what you are seeking.

You want the sound of the preamp section of an EP-3. I've got an EP-3, an Xotic EP Booster and a Chase Tone Secret Preamp.

The Chase Tone Secret Preamp sounds just like the preamp in my vintage EP-3. The Xotic EP Booster, while it sounds really good, does NOT sound the same.

Try to find the Chase Tone version. It may be hard to find a used one but as far as I know he is still building new ones. If his turnaround time is too long give me a shout and I may let mine go if you ask really nicely!

Mitchell Pearrow and jeffb like this.
  2. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

It looks rad too.

3. Silverdome

Silverdome Active Member

Question about the pre-amps, I'm mostly after the echo but since you guys are pretty stoked about your pre-amps can I get the scoop on them? We learned in the last couple of years the secret to Angus's tone was the boost he was getting from his wireless guitar system...is this the case for these pre-amps? We all know Jimmy Page was a big Echoplex user was part of his tone secret this pre-amp into a cranked Marshall? Or who would be known for this pre-amp sound? I'll hang up and listen...

4. Midnight Blues

Midnight Blues Well-Known Member

I love that pedal. I have one on my board, but I don't really use it as a pre-amp per se.

5. mirrorman

mirrorman Well-Known Member

Another Belle Epoch user here, very nice pedal.
    With my version, you can have the "EP" preamp either on or off, using a mini pot inside of the pedal.
    It has a good deal of versatility from how hard you hit "the tape", to "tape" warble, etc.
    Check it out.

6. Marshall4Metal

Marshall4Metal Well-Known Member

If i get another Delay it will be an echoplex or a delay with echoplex type quality i've gone cheap and been left unsatisfied and that's on me.

7. Silverdome

Silverdome Active Member

Just bought a Belle Epoch Deluxe off reverb. I had apprehensions about the price but this morning said F it and closed the deal. i'll give my review of it here as soon as I get some play time in.

8. Silverdome

Silverdome Active Member

Belle Epoch Deluxe arrived and gave it a quick run through. What else is there to say other than just WOW.

I have a Maxon AD-80, Roland Space Echo, TC Nova and the Moog mini delay. I'd have to say this is the best one, but there's a few I'd miss if I got rid of them. They all do their different thing but this is just that sound. i was fooling around on it and I was like whoa there's that sound Page gets on Dazed and Confused. The slap back is the best one I've heard bar none of all the pedals I have and I've always been a Maggot Brain fan and this one does it.

Thanks for the recommends, this forum steered me towards the pedal I had in mind when I made this thread.

9. BftGibson

BftGibson Well-Known Member

this thing does something very good, seems to add its own gain in a way but not much..character maybe, love the fullness this pedal can bring. Works well on the Fender board with the other pedals

belle opt.jpg belle opo 2 full.jpg

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.