DSL40C Front Panel Channel Switch Problem

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by Bonedaddio, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Bonedaddio

Bonedaddio Active Member

Thanks, guitarman8! Great thread, gives me some more stuff to try next time I pull the chassis.

I played out last night, and this is just such an excellent sounding amp! Also versatile... does an amazing clean as well as some nice non-scratchy overdriven sounds, WITHOUT an outboard pedal. With a good pedal, I use an Xotic BB Preamp Overdrive, not set really hot, and it's a thing of great beauty!

2. Don

Don New Member

Double post!

3. Don

Don New Member

This is an old thread, but I have a DSL40C with the same issue and I have a solution that worked for my amp.

Looking at the schematic of the channel switching, you can see that the sleeve connection on the footswitch jack is grounded when there's no footswitch connected.

On my amp, this was not making contact. When I pressed on the contact with a chopstick, the connection was made and the switch on the front panel functioned.

Although, the proper repair would be to replace the jack, I tweaked the ground contact with a pocket knife and it makes the connection and functions properly.
    dsl40c_switching.jpg

Micky likes this.
  4. NateSLC

NateSLC Active Member

Thank you for that post Don. It is nice to see a solution to this problem and that makes sense. I was planning on taking my DSL40C in to have this fixed and I will mention what you have found to my guy. Before this problem on mine happened the amps reverb worked just fine, but after this problem happened my reverb on the amp stopped working. It was never a huge deal because I was using a TC reverb in the loop, but it would be nice to just have the front panel channel switch work again and have the reverb operating again. If it's not one thing it's another.