DSL20CR - boost or EQ in loop

NelsonP

Reaction score
I want to put a clean boost or EQ pedal in the loop of my DSL20CR to give me a solo/volume boost, particularly on the red channel which is already so compressed that any boost before the amp just adds gain and not volume.

I tried using my EP Booster but the volume jump is too big, even on min gain and it colours the tone.

What are others using successfully? Suggestions please....

pedecamp

Reaction score
I want to put a clean boost or EQ pedal in the loop of my DSL20CR to give me a solo/volume boost, particularly on the red channel which is already so compressed that any boost before the amp just adds gain and not volume.

I tried using my EP Booster but the volume jump is too big, even on min gain and it colours the tone.

Im using an EHX LPB-1 in the loop for volume boost, not for any particular reason I just have one and it works. An EQ pedal will work too.

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

EQ in the loop.
If you just want volume with no tone/gain change.
Another option would be a JHS little black amp box.
Attenuate your signal in the loop just a bit, and shut it off for volume boost.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have a Dsl20 but I do have a Marshall 20 watt amp. I’m using a Spark Boost pedal, (full size), as a clean boost, drive on 0. It also has treble and bass controls with gives it lots of flexibility, slightly similar to an eq pedal.

My Spark is on all the time, so if I’m playing heavier stuff, I also use a Tubescreamer and/or a Sd1, and again, I use both as clean boosts, drive on 0

Latest posts