Did Jet City go out of business?

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by chromeboy, Nov 30, 2020.

1. chromeboy

chromeboy Well-Known Member

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has heard anything on jet city amps? I haven't seen them on sale anywhere. I used to be able to get them at GC but now it says no longer available. I can't even find the jet city website anymore. Does anyone know what happened to them?

2. FracStrat

FracStrat Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

3. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

You can find David white in the jet city group at Facebook, great guy. he's working under custom demand and working on a come back for the brand.

you can find their current stuff at http://jetcitycustom.com

ibmorjamn, Ascension and FracStrat like this.
  4. mmrizio

mmrizio Member

Hmm, looks like (almost) out of business. Which really surprises me. For rock/metal amps they were the decent alternative to Bugera. I love my JCA50. I have the (2) parts ready to mod it with the resonance pot in the NFB loop to make it even better.

ibmorjamn likes this.
  5. Crunchifyable

Crunchifyable Well-Known Member

I think something changed in the past couple of years and tube amps have become flooded the market then expensive (maybe tarriffs?). Even the Bugeras are now getting expensive (at least for the 100w heads).

Plus I think its hard to justify even buying an amp nowadays unless its a one watter. Or the rare 20 watt amp with all the features.

6. TheOtherEric

TheOtherEric Member

They've actually been out of business a year now. Last December they were supposed to deliver some speaker cabs (awesome cabs, BTW!!) to Musicians Friend, etc. but they never materialized despite 150 being on order from MF alone. Poking around then, it was pretty clear others also thought they went kaput.

7. thetragichero

thetragichero Well-Known Member

very well built for the money. gigantic transformers. relatively easy to mod

8. RCM 800

RCM 800 Well-Known Member

Thats too bad I was looking to get one of their lower watt heads further down the line.

9. Copperheadroads

Copperheadroads Active Member

Doug White the owner of Jet City , put his Business on Hiatus for a while .

10. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

Too bad if true...I thought they had a winning line of tone machines, especially the 50w JCA head, killer amp that captures much of the SLO vibe at a fraction of the price.

11. Pedro Góis

Pedro Góis New Member

Hi guys,

I'm looking for Jet City amps buts it's been a bit hard to take any news or response from them, I'm already sent emails to jet city custom in USA, jet city store in UK and nobody answered. They still sell amps?
    I'm from Portugal and the main distributors like thomann, gear4music won't sell them.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Best regards

12. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

I think you're right, amps may be kinda dead sales wise, at least for a while. I went to my local and their amp selection looked about where it was before Christmas but their acoustic guitar stock was wiped out. Interestingly enough i was trading a couple amps in for a '20s Tenor banjo:shock:
    I still have a good amp stock though, don't worry....

13. mmrizio

mmrizio Member

From the Facebook account "Jet City Amplification": (https://www.facebook.com/jetcityamplification/posts/10158282494822529)

Greetings JetCitizens. At the start of 2021 we will start offering our new Custom2.X, 20 watt tube head. This all-new amp is built on our 22H platform, assembled by hand here in the US, with several custom options. Have a look at our website as details are emerging.
    We are launching with something we call The Pilot Program. This will be an offer of a special price, including some exclusives and limited to just 10 amps to start. In exchange for the perks we will be asking for demos and social media influence. If interested in this product and becoming a Pilot, please follow the link below and take the survey. Please note in advance that we will do our best to respond to applicants and we'd appreciate only truly interested participants.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LLH2QCV

14. BftGibson

BftGibson Well-Known Member

Absolutely impressed with the JC20HV & JCA22h recently got. On 4x12's they hit right. The Hv is a tight circuit & the 22h is a screamer but very usable gain up the dial, the treble & presence react in tandem for very precise mix positioning. Almost done today with next song. HV & V with PAF Masters for main & 22h with Orville Goldtop over it. record so well. They seem to wind up & hit right. The bass comes up on both as the volume comes up like i am used to. Filled 2 tone spots in the studio. Have to throw the Orange Or15 in there also. Have been rethinking & rearranging last few month as the recording room gets finalized & enjoying these amps running open on 4x12's