>

Did I Just F..k up?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by trax1139, Apr 19, 2021.

1. trax1139

trax1139 Well-Known Member

I just ordered the new Gibson Les Paul Standard 50’s Goldtop reissue. ($2400.00) I had the Custom Shop 57’ Les Paul (2014) with the Custombucker pickups. ($4600.00) To me, it was perfect in every way. Hell, I didn’t even have to plug it in to enjoy playing it. Great tone and resonance acoustically. Well, like a freaking idiot, I sold it a couple years ago. Now I wanted to replace it. They’re $6200.00 now. So, I thought the 50’s Standard might “hold up” after I install the Custombucker pickups I just picked up on Reverb for $500.00. The new LP Standards are supposed to be very nice since they dropped all the stupid modern weight relief and electronic gadgetry and went back to the roots of the LP. We’ll see!

fitz288 likes this.
  2. fitz288

fitz288 Well, Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Sounds like you f..ked up a couple years ago, and are correcting the situation now.

3. FennRx

FennRx Well-Known Member

It’s not going to scratch that itch.

sorry.

Maggot Brain likes this.
  4. Sapient

Sapient   Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

The new Standards are supposed to be magnificent. With CB in one, things be real nize.

If you take it for what it is (a damn good guitar) and go forward you should be fine. I can't see any form of "neglect" in your new scenario. I've got a '14 Custom 57 Goldy and don't believe there is a significant difference, to compare with such apparent hopelessness.

Now, cork sniffing? You'll lose a bit there, yes.

:2c:

5. Delete!!

Delete!! Well-Known Member

I just got a new 50’s Standard last week - I’m perfectly happy with it, great instrument. I think Gibson is headed in the right direction now under new ownership.