Deep Purple - Mistreated (1974)

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by BatmansMarshall, Apr 2, 2021.

1. BatmansMarshall

BatmansMarshall Well-Known Member

Deep Purple Settings Marshall head.jpg my Marshall Origin 50 settings. Notice the mids.

Deep Purple settings small.jpg Katzenkonig is a Tone Bender RAT hybrid pedal from Catalinbread.

Fender Vintera 60s into Katezenconig pedal and Belle Epoch Delay with some spring reverb into Marshall Origin 50h into 1x12 Celestion V30 and 1x12 Eminence Swamp Thang.

I am not an amazing player by any means and achieving Ritchie Blackmore's tone was not my intention. I just wanted to play Deep Purple and try to get a Plexi-ish tone going on my Marshall Origin 50. This was relatively loud in a small room. Realistically I should have gone for attenuation maybe but anyway this is what I did. Enjoy and thanks for watching.

2. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

Nice little pealboard :yesway:

Lots here with Origin 50s and a combination of those pedals to help you get closer. A little tweaking here and there and you should be in the ballpark.
    About Mistreated, I think you should abuse that guitar as much as possible. Only way to get Ritchie's mojo.

3. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member

Nice big hall sound in this clip bro

BatmansMarshall likes this.
  4. BatmansMarshall

BatmansMarshall Well-Known Member

Thanks. These are all new stuff I have been covering. I am not studying the licks massively, just enough to do a one okay take job. I probably run through about six of these and pick the best one. I don't often double-track but the option is also there. I couldn't play this live just yet but if I worked on them for 6 months I could probably do it live with confidence and sounding better. Not much sound processing after. Just recorded and pressed out as wav to match with the video which I title and put some basic visual fx on.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  5. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member

Keep at them bro, I enjoy listening to my fellow members clips.
    Cheers
    Mitch

BatmansMarshall likes this.