Dave Mustaine Leaving Dean for Gibson?

RCM 800

Reaction score
Most of my favorite albums he was playing Jacksons and BC Rich's. Might be interesting to see what they come up with, a Gibson King V maybe?

lespaul339

Reaction score
I've owned a Dean in the past and I honestly wasn't too impressed by it. IMO Gibson is a way higher quality built guitar than a Dean. Plus, Dean's do not seem to hold their value as well on the used market. I think it's because they have tailored to the metal guitar market and kind of pigeon-holed themselves. Not everyone wants a pointy guitar with a pointy headstock.

JP2036

Reaction score
I've owned a Dean in the past and I honestly wasn't too impressed by it. IMO Gibson is a way higher quality built guitar than a Dean. Plus, Dean's do not seem to hold their value as well on the used market. I think it's because they have tailored to the metal guitar market and kind of pigeon-holed themselves. Not everyone wants a pointy guitar with a pointy headstock.
No people don't want pointy. IDK why Gibson thinks they do now.
American made guitars & high end guitars from Japan really are the only ones that have any resale.

anitoli

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No people don't want pointy. IDK why Gibson thinks they do now.
American made guitars & high end guitars from Japan really are the only ones that have any resale.
Sure about the pointy thing? :D

full

JP2036

Reaction score

One man's Keesil is another man's Gibson LP.

anitoli

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

One man's Keesil is another man's Gibson LP.

Anyone that puts an LP on this holy pedestal and uses it as the reference point by which all other guitars are judged is doing themselves a huge disservice. Really Gibson isn't the only game in town and for the price point you can't get them to build it your way with the quality that you get from Kiesel. Not happening. I woke up from the Gibson fog and i am not going back into it.