Craigslist BS

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Maggot Brain, Sep 17, 2021.

1. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Damn, people nowadays..:noplease:

Sounds like the guy is full of crap..Probably One of those youngsters whose parents gave him everything he wanted, let him run over them, got a trophy for being on the losing team, ect, ect..Now the world has to put up with his psycho, spoiled brat B.S.

Could the guy even play? Sounds like it might be the case since he obviously doesn't know a lot about guitars. Then he decided learning how was too much trouble and now wants to reneg on the deal? Tough sh*t IMO. :nutkick:

Pull a bluff and tell him to back off on the harassment or you're going to contact your lawyer. If he calls it, go hire one..A lawyer will generally call or send a letter to tell them he's gonna litigate if they don't cease and desist for a modest fee. Usually the mere threat of an attorney will make someone like your problem go away!

I hate trying to deal with cragslist, or rather some of the people on there. One can find some good deals on there (although that's getting harder it seems) but some of the asshats one encounters on there can be real works of bad art! :facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  2. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea either! :thumb:

If you did go that route just make sure the douchbag didn't screw up the guitar.

3. Thevenin

Thevenin Well-Known Member

What town is CL guitar posted? Low ballers unite! Then Maggotbrain sweeps in for the winning offer at $200 less than originally valued. I mean, it has a broken neck bolt thingy as appraised by GC.
    I've had my share of CL no-shows, but more wins. Change of meeting locations at the last minute is a tip off for a bad transaction, and I bring backup in certain locations of town. Some people live to scam and be jerks about it.

4. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain Well-Known Member

Haha love you guys!

Yeah it's a good point about the bike being "hot" and one I've thought about from the beginning. I'll have to run the SN with the local PDs just for a clear mind but I didn't get that vibe. The guy was very educated on BMX, bikes and parts and was very passionate about the bike when we met. He explained nearly every part, nut and bolt with precision detail but then again that doesn't prove anything.

Yeah I knew exactly the value of the Charvel going into this, I could have thrown it on Reverb but trying to sell local I didn't get much interest. I wasn't worried about milking every doller out of it, I'm not always money motivated. The bike was exactly what I had in mind and wanted, it reminded of the bikes I lusted for as a child. It seemed like it was an "easy" deal and we'd both end up happy... but.....

The guy hasn't sent any new messages, if he sends any more then it's gonna be a blast to troll this guy.

5. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

he didnt get hosed. he set the deal up. he knew what he was getting into.

6. Gunner64

Gunner64 Emotional Support Animal Gold Supporting Member

Hosed as in the short end of the deal..not robbed.

ricksdisconnected likes this.
  7. saxon68

saxon68 Well-Known Member

this, then:

Tell his dumb ass you were gonna meet but the tire went flat when you were going to ride it there.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021