Connecting Rack Fx In Fx Loop

Eddiemc05

Reaction score
Howdy marshall friends
im hoping to get some advice on the best way to connect a few rack units to 2 half stacks,
my jcm900 4100 head and my vm head each out to their own cabs,
I want to use a jmp1 and rocktron expession, hoping to get that stereo sound with panning delays etc,,,

i currently had both units running through my tubemister head, as mono really,,, but with connections being simply run into the tubemisters fx return,

On the tubemister when conneted this way i have no controll on the amp, only on the jmp1.where as on both vm and jcm900 i can controll the volume on amps and jmp1,,,

so hence the desire to use both heads as poweramps to drive 2 4x12 cabs in stereo!!! So is this possible?

Thanks
Ed

krudler

Reaction score
you should be able to go guitar to JMP to rocktron, then each rocktron output (L and R) goes to an effects return on either one of the amps.
this assumes you're happy with most of the tone coming from the JMP, as you'd be completely bypassing the preamp stages of both amps. if you set the MV on both amps "equal" (numbers may not be the same), they will each be the same volume. you can then control volume either via the JMP, the rocktron, or a combination of both. "peak potential volume" would be constrained by whatever the amp heads are set at.

Eddiemc05

Reaction score
Re: connecting rack fx in fx loop

Thanks, i think that helps ..do i need to connect both R+L outputs on jmp to R+L inputs on roctron?

krudler

Reaction score
..do i need to connect both R+L outputs on jmp to R+L inputs on roctron?

Double check the product manuals, but i do believe a single JMP output to a single Rocktron input will suffice. the signal does not become "stereo" until passing thru the effects unit.