Code25 Wiring

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by jerkstore, Dec 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Igor Ulrichsen

Igor Ulrichsen New Member

Hello, i have this problem too. The only thing i can say is that the color blue is the Cn4 conection.

Did you solve your problem? I need help too.

thanks for your post

jerkstore and fitz288 like this.
  2. fitz288

fitz288 Apprentice Fermi's Paradox Analyst Silver Supporting Member

:welcome:
    So you've got the same disconnected transformer issue?
    We've never heard back on a wiring solution for this, and no one seems to have a functional version of this amp to compare to.
    I'm going to give the same advice, contact Marshall support for guidance.
    Here's a link to their email.
    [email protected]
    They have helped me in the past with other issues, so give an email a try & good luck.

3. Rob Granville

Rob Granville New Member

sorry. Not familiar with how to post pics in these things. I found my code 25 in the bin. Exactly like yours. Smashed around transformer. My transformer is dead. I can’t fix it. Not sure if EBay has a 25w transformer for U.K. 220v someone can point me to?
    Can you upload a pic of what the main switch power switch wire colours blue and brown connect to on the transformer?. I have 4 primary wires. 2 outer black/white 220v and 2 inner black/white 120v. I’m guessing the blue to white and brown to black?
    To help you with the pcb Wiring from the back panel side in order as I found mine:
    Red/black/white/blue. Hope this helps!

4. jerkstore

jerkstore New Member

Problem resolved! Between @Rob Granville and @Igor Ulrichsen's comments I was able to determine the following order:

CN1: Red
    CN2: Black
    CN3: White
    CN4: Blue

I fired it up and not only did it light up, but sound came through from my guitar! Scrolled through some presets and AFAIK, it's working 100%

code25 connections.jpg code25 connections2.jpg code25 connections3.jpg

SkyMonkey likes this.
  5. jerkstore

jerkstore New Member

I hope some of these pics are helpful. Let me know if you need anything else. I kinda didn't pay attention to what I was doing

IMG_20210219_154745.jpg IMG_20210219_154745.jpg IMG_20210219_154800.jpg IMG_20210219_154805.jpg IMG_20210219_154809.jpg

SkyMonkey and KraftyBob like this.
  6. KraftyBob

KraftyBob Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Congrats on solving the problem and thank you for coming back and updating the thread. It's so frustrating when you're searching online for a problem, find a thread that's similar to your issue, and then the thread ends with no update :mad:

Enjoy your new amp!

SkyMonkey likes this.
  7. fitz288

fitz288 Apprentice Fermi's Paradox Analyst Silver Supporting Member

SkyMonkey, jerkstore and KraftyBob like this.
  8. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

9. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

Marshall actually thought that directly screwing a transformer to a piece of particle board is acceptable in any way on any product? :facepalm:

Just NO.

It wouldn't have killed them to put in two T-nuts to secure the transformer to the panel.

I suggest you do that.

SkyMonkey and jerkstore like this.
  10. jerkstore

jerkstore New Member

Agreed! Now that the amp works, I gotta see what I got to hold that transformer in place!

fitz288 likes this.
  11. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

Obtain two one and a half inch long 10-32 screws and two 10-32 T-nuts and drill through the bottom of the cabinet and install the transformer using those T-nuts and screws.

fitz288 likes this.
  12. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake New Member

Hello I have a Code 25 with the linear PSU (Large transformer in the bottom). It appear this is the newer design instead of the switched mode PSU on the side of the case. My Code 25 was manufactured in October 2020 and has newer firmware than Marshall is offering on their website (1.45). So I'm pretty confident its the latest version. By the way mine arrived brand new from the retailer with the transformer rattling around inside the case. I used hot melt glue to hold it in place and put the screws into a new location. There is just too much weight on that transformer for the 2 tiny screws into particleboard.
    I can only assume they had a lot of issues with the SM PSU so changed the design or ran out of parts so are using whatever they can get.
    Personally I'd rather have the old style transformer and rectifier rather than switched mode as they are much easier to fix/replace.

SkyMonkey and fitz288 like this.