CODE app update

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woke up to a new app version of the CODE Gateway on my phone.
Completely changed the interface with more stuff on the main page.
Quick drop downs for power amp, preamp & cab select at the top, effects at the bottom.
Some screenshots from the app store:
1664885706390.png
1664885741419.png
Had to go to work, so I haven't tried it out yet - still downloading on my tablet that I run my amp with.
Also need to try the Linux sideload on my Chromebook - could never get the connect to work with the old version.
Might just get a new cheapo Android tablet for this.
Time to blow the dust of the 25w micro stack tonight...

mspart

Reaction score
I have gotten this also. I have tried to save a new setting and I cannot figure out how to do that. It won't save,

I can't find any material on the web about this new interface or how to work it. If someone knows something more, please share

mspart

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have gotten this also. I have tried to save a new setting and I cannot figure out how to do that. It won't save,

I can't find any material on the web about this new interface or how to work it. If someone knows something more, please share

mspart
My presets all copied over from the amp to the new app.
I've also never used the amp or the gateway app to make and save presets.
I use the code editor pc download.

-BOOGIEMAN-

Reaction score
@fitz - what’s your honest opinion about these Code amps? Are they able to get in the tonal ballpark of the Plexi? Are they worth it for a fun practice amp? If so, which model would you recommend?
Thanks
:nutkick:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@fitz - what’s your honest opinion about these Code amps? Are they able to get in the tonal ballpark of the Plexi? Are they worth it for a fun practice amp? If so, which model would you recommend?
Thanks
:nutkick:
I've never had a real plexi to compare, but I've always liked the versatility of the options with the CODE amps.
IMHO, yes, they are worth it for a fun practice amp.
I've had the 100H & 212 along the 25C that I mutated into a micro-stack.
The 25 has all of the functionality of the 50 & 100, except the external loop.
Traded in the 100H rig for a Tele purchase.

I've always made my own presets and pretty much just use one or two on my current set-up.
Stock speakers suck, but replacements should be fairly neutral to utilize the cab sims.
I have a pair of 10" car audio mid-range speakers in my 1x10 micro cabs that blow away the CODE speakers.
Also use mine as just a clean power amp with the Spark for a little more thump out of that little modeler.

jmp45

Reaction score
No, not anything near a plexi but still for practice, not bad. I actually use is quite a bit when I don't feel like lighting up the wall. I have 3 patches, clean, dirt and dirt with a little more gain. All the stock patches suck. Write your own.