>

CODE: 25 vs 50

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by crossroadsnyc, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Murray

Murray Active Member

Understood. Just getting in line. And if 'they' said March, but it's really July...it'll probably be Aug or Sept. I can wait. I've waited 63 years. I still think it's going to be sweet. No comment on marketing. Takes as long as it takes to get it out.

2. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

I was thinking along Friedman lines... Are you getting the CODE50? Oh, you mean the Douche Nozzle? Oh yeah! :yesway:

3. Ghostman

Ghostman Well-Known Member

If they delay until Aug/Sept then it's their death rattle. You can't mess with the public that long. It's one thing of saying "Coming This Year" and entirely different to say "Sorry, delay, delay, delay"

4. big dooley

big dooley Well-Known Member VIP Member

who the hell is friedman?

5. Eman

Eman Member

If it ends up being belayed until July or longer, I wonder if there is a chance the final product(s) may have a few more features.

6. CaptainZero

CaptainZero Well-Known Member

From the time I put in my order for my AFD, until it shipped... Months, and months (6+ if I remember right). It was pathetic, but at least it finally showed.

7. Dogs of Doom

http://friedmanamplification.com/

He names all his amps stuff like the Brown Eye, Pink Taco, etc. Very low brow stuff, but I guess he thinks of it as a twisted sense of humor, as do his fans...

8. big dooley

ah, an outrageous expensive copy?
    i'd rather take the inexpensive copy from the original... just saying... (blinking towards stock_hippo)

9. blues_n_cues

blues_n_cues Well-Known Member VIP Member

that was me.
    here's my thought- I was waiting for Sept. & the 100's w/ optional footswitch but by then a 25 or 50 could probably be bought used for 1/2 price. :naughty:

10. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Ibba Gabba Debita! Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Since you prefer the 100w head, why not get as close as you can and go with the 50w? I mean I can yell louder than 25 solid state watts.

11. big dooley

there's a british lady who can make a 100 watt halfstack look pathetic
    she's the official world record holder at 129dB since 2000

12. GibsonKramer

GibsonKramer Well-Known Member

I have a Lead 12, with WGS Retro in it, that would certainly take you up, on that challenge. :cool:

13. The Ozzk

The Ozzk Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about this myself and I think I'll go for 25. I won't gig the amp. it's for practice/recording purposes only (in my case).

Because of the flat response speaker, I will use it also as a small Bluetooth speaker to play the music in my library. I don't need a super loud stereo or super hi-def sound. Just back ground tunes while we cook dinner and entertain. :yesway:

If I do travel with it, for a fly in or keep it in the car, I want the smallest footprint possible. I'd be linking it through the headphone jack to a power amp or front of the house and done.

I'll use the $50 bucks I saved for a small tube powered headphone amp off eBay. :yesway:

14. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

Guys, zzounds.com has the 100H listed for $349.99 and says it's due Feb 24th.. I wonder, I wonder... http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSHCODE100H

I think I'll get the 50 myself, don't need another head and it would be nice to have a good sounding portable amp. I'm gonna have to wait until I pay off my current musical purchase, so should be around August.

Edit: they have the whole line listed, even the cabs at $ 249.00 plus the 100 watt combo at $399 http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q=code&pa=29&key=q&form=search

15. Dogs of Doom

I doubt it...

When I talked to Santiago, he told me that the head wasn't going to be available for a while & the estimated time for shipment from Marshall was Sept. They hadn't even started production then. The one I took pictures of was a dummy. Only a faceplate on a quick head cab. Same w/ the combo they had. Only the 25 & 50 were in production.

While I guess anything's possible, I'm betting that places are promising early shipping dates to get more orders. Whoever promises the earliest shipping/delivery gets the order...

"early bird gets the worm" & all...

16. Bloodrock

Bloodrock Well-Known Member

This exactly. Randall pulls this crap every year. Debut new amp at NAMM, delay amp for a year and a half until nobody gives a crap anymore... no wonder they cant sell 10 amps a year anymore. Marshall, please don't do the same. :mad:

17. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

True, but for $349 guys need to jump on it, no one else is advertising the head (that I've seen) and I thought it was supposed to be $5-600??

18. Ghostman

Ghostman Well-Known Member

Well, that and the fact you can't FIND any Randall's around to even test drive, makes it difficult to sell. Killer sounding amps and rightly priced.

19. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Ibba Gabba Debita! Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Same thing that they did with the SL5: announced it in January, then released it in June. I almost didn't even see it sitting on the sales floor, and my retailer never restocked it after I bought mine. By June there wasn't much interest, and then everyone started calling it a "limited edition" (meaning, they're not selling and we're not restocking).

You can't announce a new product 6 months out. And at this point I'm even having second thoughts about the 2525C. We'll see if I'm still interested when they hit the stores.

20. GibsonKramer

GibsonKramer Well-Known Member

Eh. I was thinking of buying the THR 100 watt head to run thru my 1960AV, because running it in stereo with two THR amp models, will be sublime.

But, those are going for $600 - $700 I think?

I'm all over the 50 CODE combo, when it comes out.