ClassicTone Transformers By Magnetic Components *Sponsor*

Discussion in 'Retail Row' started by Alex, Sep 2, 2010.

1. plexilespaul

plexilespaul Well-Known Member

o.k thanks i will try them out and report back:)
    cheers

2. dalepereira

dalepereira New Member

Hi I was planning on starting an ac15 type of build soon, and was wondering if your Marshall 18 watt transformers would work, and sound good in that application. I recently finished a 100watt plexi using your transformers and it sounds great! thanks!

3. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

I'm not to sure if the 18W Marshall PT and OT would work for the AC15. :hmm:

Although, we do intend to introduce both the OT and the PT for the AC15 in the coming month. :fingersx:

If you can wait awhile, we should have exactly what you want.

ClassicTone By Magnetic Components, Inc.
    www.classictone.net

4. dalepereira

dalepereira New Member

that's incredible! Can't wait, I'll be first in line.

5. TwinACStacks

TwinACStacks New Member

:) Hey Classic, I know you are busy. I sent you a PM, I don't know if you check them. Is there a Bundle for the AC30 Trannies? Will they fit/Apply to a AC30CC2?

:):) Thanx, TWIN

6. triodeamplification

triodeamplification New Member

Best transformers out there today for the price and more importantly QUALITY. The quality of Magnetic Components transformers are very good. I have uesd 6 of them in various amps and they all sounded much better than the stock OT's that were in them.

7. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

8. Axe Slinger

Axe Slinger New Member

I just installed a OT in my JCM900 4100, and it sounds great. I also have a PT but I'm haveing a hard time figureing out how to install can anyone help?

9. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

10. dualampman

dualampman Active Member

I have a 1987xl reissue. do you bundle a pt and an ot for this?
    If so, I would love to order, Also if I am changing both of these, any suggestions for anything else while its appart?

11. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

Dualampman,

I was unable to properly cross reference the part numbers from the Marshall schematic. Therefore, I am reluctant to suggest anything for your 1987xl reissue without further information. Is the PT in your amplifier upright mounted or laydown style? It is very likely that our 40-18025 output transformer will work since this was the 50W OT used from the Plexi era all the way through the JCM800 era but I am a little unsure about the PT. Following is a link to the page for the OT:

Marshall 50W Output Transformer for Plexi, JMP and JCM800, 784-139

Thanks, :)

Classictone By Magnetic Components, Inc.

12. TwinACStacks

TwinACStacks New Member

:) Classic, I just ordered a Choke and OT from Triode for my AC30CC2. What are the Chances You will at some time make a PT with the Xtra 25V tap for the CC, Or maybe even a Separate 25V Powersupply for op-Amp operation?

Thanx GUYS, TWIN

13. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

Twin,

Thanks for ordering the OT and choke! I assume you ordered ClassicTone part number 40-18049 and 40-18043. Correct?

At this point, we have no immediate plans to introduce the PT for this version of the AC30CC2 but may in the future if there is some decent demand for it. We are still concentrating on introducing some more classic amplifier items such as the vintage AC15 and a few other Marshall items like the JCM900 and JCM2000 50W upgrade/replacement transformers inspired by a few members of this forum. :)

By the way, the 50W JCM900 and JCM2000 transformers will be available sometime in late July. :fingersx:

Thank you!

www.classictone.net

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  14. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

Twin,

Please let me know how our OT and choke work for your AC30CC2. They are nice transformers and I think you will like them. The OT typically makes the biggest positive tonal difference from what I have heard. :fingersx::)

Thanks again Twin!

www.classictone.net

15. Axe Slinger

Axe Slinger New Member

I've got both the PT and OT in my JCM900 4100 now and This thing rocks. I have two of my friends wanting me to do there amps. The first is a JCM800 1105 and the other is a 5150 combo, I didn't see any tranies for the 5150 are there any tranies that I can sub? Oh and I should have the choke waiting for me when I get home this afternoon to put in my 900, can't wait!! Thanks a ton for the help Classic Tone I am deffinitly a customer for life!!!

16. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

Thanks Axe Slinger!

It is good to hear that these are helping bring new life to the original JCM900 amps.

In the case of the 5150 Combo, it is a solid state amp that does not have an OT at all and I am unable to find a good match for the PT. Almost all of our ClassicTone transformers are meant for tube amplifiers so it appears that we do not offer a correct PT for the 5150.

By the way, I hope you enjoy the choke as well!

www.classictone.net

17. Axe Slinger

Axe Slinger New Member

I don't know a lot about the 5150 but I thought it was a tube amp, hmm. Well anyway I installed the choke and before doing so I thought how could a choke improve the sound of this already kick @$$ sounding amp? but after installing it I found out that it tightened up the bottom end and smoothed out the kinda harsh highs that this amp had. Now the bottom end is thunderous and you can feel it in your chest when cranked and the almost ice pick highs that these amps are known for are more smooth and rounded. Thanks again for everything. My 900 is now a tone monster and I'm excited to play out with it this weekend. I will be ordering the parts for my JCM800 2205 soon and look forward to seeing how it will turn out!:headbanger:

18. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

Enjoy your JCM900 modded tone monster this weekend! Very cool! Thanks for the kind words and your business.

I think you will like our JCM800 transformers as well. :fingersx: :headbanger:

www.classictone.net

19. TwinACStacks

TwinACStacks New Member

:) Classic, along with the Various mods I did, (Other Amps section, I did a pictorial as well), the Xformer and Choke sound FANTASTIC. What a difference in Tone, Sustain and Saturation.

:):) TWIN

20. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member