ClassicTone Transformers By Magnetic Components *Sponsor*

Discussion in 'Retail Row' started by Alex, Sep 2, 2010.

1. RiverRatt

RiverRatt Well-Known Member VIP Member

I just ordered a #40-18000 OT for an old Harmony 535 I'm restoring. Looking forward to hearing the two 6L6GC's roar again! I'm sure this transformer will be an excellent replacement for the original that died on me. I'll post some shots of the repair and maybe a before/after video.

2. Axe Slinger

Axe Slinger New Member

Just wondering if there is a time frame on the JCM900 100 watt OT. I'm trying to decide if I should get the JMC800 OT and modify my chassis or wait for the one for the 900.

3. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

The JCM 900 OT is in the works now. I am hoping for it to be introduced in early to middle of November as it takes a few weeks to produce. It will be a nice vintage constructed paper layer wound OT like all of our ClassicTone's. Personally, I would wait instead of doing serious mods to your chassis. It isn't that far off. :fingersx:

Thanks for your interest in this upcoming item :)

4. Axe Slinger

Axe Slinger New Member

Thanks, I'm just a little giddy to change the OT, I heard that it will improve the sound of my amp greatly and tighten it up, not that I don't like the way it sounds now. I think I can wait a few more weeks, lol! Thank again!! :headbanger:

5. TheLoudness!!

TheLoudness!! Active Member

Another vote for a JCM900 100watt transformer!

6. RiverRatt

RiverRatt Well-Known Member VIP Member

Thanks guys! I just got the #40-18000 installed and the amp is working like new again. Sounds good, too!

7. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

Thanks RiverRatt! :) The 40-18000 is a great 50W Fender style OT transformer and has the best available, cool running M-6 steel in it. It also has speaker taps of 2 / 4 / 8 Ohms. It is a great priced part and we made over 250 pieces of these. The problem is that they do not sell well for some reason. I think this is one of our best and most versatile transformers we offer. It is one of the best values since we produced it in large volume and it has so many features. Although, it is probably is not very desirable for the Marshall enthusist who would like a good trannie for use with EL34's like our Marshall 50W Output Transformer for JCM 800 and JMP, 784-139, I think this is a great transformer for a 50W 6L6 tube application. See our 40-18000 as follows if you are interested in details on this part:

Fender Output Transformer, Hot Rod DeVille, Blues DeVille, Bassman, Super Reverb, Concert, 2/4/8 Ohm, M-6 UpgradeĀ 

8. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

F.Y.I., I want to let you all know that we will be offering some new Marshall style trannies coming this November as follows:

- JCM 900 PT & OT (which many of you here requested :dude:)

- Upright mounted version of 18W Marshall PT with multi-national voltages (great for builders / DIY guys!)

- JTM 45 /JTM 50 / Early JMP Multi-Purpose & Upgrade PT. This will feature multi-national voltages and can be used for both solid state and tube rectification applications.

Follow us on Facebook at ClassicTone | Facebook or see us at ClassicTone Transformers By Magnetic Components, Inc. for updated information as it becomes available.

9. Paramedic006

Paramedic006 New Member

Any chance of making some iron for a DSL?

10. ToddOwnz

ToddOwnz Member

+1 !!!

11. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

Possibly, but we do not know the specs of DSL trannies at this point.

12. AXEL

AXEL New Member

I am in the market for a drop in PT for my JVM205C, Marshall 50 watt. These are relatively new amps (less than 10 years old). Do you currently have a replacement?

13. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

At this point, we are not focusing on newer items such as the JVM205C since there probably is not much of a replacement market for them yet. They may be even still available from Marshall for replacement. Also, builders and DIY guys will probably have little or no interest in the non-classic style amp transformers. We have many items we are working on before considering newer items but if there seems to be reasonable demand, we will probably offer it sometime in the future. As you are doing here, please let us know what you would like to see from us at ClassicTone. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

14. Axe Slinger

Axe Slinger New Member

Are the OTs for the 900's going to be a replica of the original or and up grade to a more classic tone like the Plexi or 800? Please say an upgreade:fingersx:

15. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

Yes, they will be considered an upgrade since they will be paper layer wound like the great Marshall trannies from the Plexi and early 70's eras.

16. TheLoudness!!

Sweet!! Get started on those JCM900 transformers NOW!!:headbanger:

17. Axe Slinger

Axe Slinger New Member

I know that changing the OT will better the tone of my 900 but what benefit would I get from changing the PT.

18. ClassicTone

ClassicTone Member

From numerous educated opinions in the amplifier and transformer industry (including my own opinion) is that the OT effects the tone the most followed by the PT and after that, the choke. Some tube amp purists would say replace all of them generally if money was not a consideration. The OT does make the biggest difference but the PT will also effect the tone of an amplifier :)

19. TheLoudness!!

It's November!!!

Get cracking on the 900 transformers!!

20. American Viking

American Viking Well-Known Member

DSL's haven't even been around long enough to really need replacements unless they are blown.

One thing I definitely appreciate is a company supplying transformers at a decent price. Mercury marks their products up absurdly high.