Chinese discount JTM 45? How good is it?

usablefiber

Reaction score
Wait this site saying it’s a jtm45 but specs st 50 watts? weren’t the 45s only 30 watts until they made the jtm50/100

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Wait this site saying it’s a jtm45 but specs st 50 watts? weren’t the 45s only 30 watts until they made the jtm50/100

more for your money. lol
whats interesting is watching Wangs amps get the attention the have gotten.
the Chinese might be catching on to something and trying to go quality
rather than expectation any more.

playloud

Reaction score

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score

playloud

Reaction score
damn no prices.

Yeah, I think you have to contact them for quotes. It sounds stupid, but I've found Whatsapp is the most reliable way to buy stuff from Chinese manufacturers directly. Got some knock-off Ray Bans once that were exceptional (even came with the manual, tags and catalog haha!)

Btw, OP this one actually uses KT66s: https://m.made-in-china.com/product...Jj-Kt66-2-12ax7-3-5ar4-1-Tubes-727031862.html

(Here is the direct link on their actual website: https://bestamp-guitar.com/e_productshow/?656-Marshall-JTM45-with-Cabinet-656.html)

The gut shots really look great!

usablefiber

Reaction score
It just seems like for such a price difference the woundnt sound just as good as an actual marshall reissue.

playloud

Reaction score
It just seems like for such a price difference the woundnt sound just as good as an actual marshall reissue.

The question is, are you trying to emulate an original JTM45 or the reissue? The Grand one with KT66s may get you closer to the former... but the rogue in me says that wouldn't be hard!

Even though the reissue is doubtless high quality, I would prefer hand wired for easy servicing/component upgrades. I would seriously consider Wangs/Grand if I were touring. I'm more tempted by the 5E3 head myself...

I don't think the pricing discrepancy is surprising. Chinese labor costs are obviously lower than in the UK (or any Western country). They may also have access to cheaper raw materials, and - perhaps most significantly - don't have the brand premium/marketing costs associated with Marshall.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
The question is, are you trying to emulate an original JTM45 or the reissue? The Grand one with KT66s may get you closer to the former... but the rogue in me says that wouldn't be hard!

Even though the reissue is doubtless high quality, I would prefer hand wired for easy servicing/component upgrades. I would seriously consider Wangs/Grand if I were touring. I'm more tempted by the 5E3 head myself...

I don't think the pricing discrepancy is surprising. Chinese labor costs are obviously lower than in the UK (or any Western country). They may also have access to cheaper raw materials, and - perhaps most significantly - don't have the brand premium/marketing costs associated with Marshall.
Speaking of raw materials, I've heard you don't want to rub on those Wang's too hard, or at least very often. An occasional light rub with a soft cloth should be fine.

colchar

Reaction score

A guy tempted by head. What were the chances eh?

Metroman

Reaction score
That would have been the JTM45/100. The original JTM45 was 30w like you said, but when they switched to Drake Transformers, from Radiospared whey were 38w. I like the Drake transformers, with KT66s.

I think the JTM45/100 was rated at 85w clean.

GregM

Reaction score
Were do you guys get your info from, original JTM45 was 45-50 watts, never 30 and as far as i am concerned how can anyone, Chinese or not, make a copy of the original and get the same quality, build or sound.

There again i would say that wouldn't i.
I would doubt even the originals sound like the originals with all the new parts and ageing of parts, so what choice is there for us mere mortals.
Not trying to slight you at all, you guys did a bang up job.

Latest posts