Ceriatone Jtm45 blown HT fuse

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by Hershiekopper, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Hershiekopper

Hershiekopper New Member

Hey guys. So i recently got a ceriatone jtm45 super tremelo head from kijiji and it has been amazing for about 2 months. A couple weeks ago the HT fuse just blew randomly and I need some help figuring out why and what to do. The fuse is a 500ma 250v slo blow 32mm fuse. I got 4 replacement fuses today and the amp blew one of them. Ive heard its likely a power tube issue. I rather avoid taking it to an amp tech as Im on a budget. I looked at the back of the amp with the panel off and noticed that one of the matched (from thetubestore.com) gold lion KT66 tubes is not as lit as the other (it is very very dimly lit and barely visibly lit in comparison to the other kt66). I have 3 of these replacement fuses left and they are very hard to come by here in toronto. I had to order them from mouser. So i only have 3 more chances to get it to work! My thought is that I should replace the KT66 with another one from the tubestore but maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a new matched set of KT66 from the tubestore instead. What do you guys think is going on here?

2. Kelia

Kelia Well-Known Member

I would stop putting fuse if I were you and have a tech check the bias,..maybe
    it's drifting like crazy making one of the tube go nuts ,or something else is happening .
    If you're on a budget ,..you won't like it if one of the transformer goes ,....jus my two cents !

3. Hershiekopper

Hershiekopper New Member

Yeah. I decided to just bring it in to a tech. Im not gonna take any chances here. I also have a silvertone 1484 that needs some work too so might as well bite the bullet. Im gonna call a few techs here in toronto and choose the one with the best rate!

Kelia likes this.
  4. Kelia

Kelia Well-Known Member

Good move !! :cheers:

5. Kelia

Kelia Well-Known Member

Don't forget to keep us posted,..curious on what was making the fuse blow !