"Cash App" heads up..

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by DaDoc, Jan 12, 2021 at 3:14 PM.

1. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

FWIW I don't know if anyone here uses cash app, I had never even heard of it before now, but a woman in Tenn. just had her $600.00 stimulus money disappear in a matter of seconds after clicking the back arrow on a money request from someone.

Sapient and RCM 800 like this.
  2. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Forum Support Spec. Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Stimulus Money
    Your government's way of giving back a little bit of what already belongs to you.

[​IMG]

3. Nkyrental

Nkyrental Well-Known Member

"Stimulus Money
    Your government's way of giving back a little bit of what already belongs to you."

BUT, then taxing you on it again in April!!!

4. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

It's interesting how easily random people were able to capture all that data from the Parler app too.
    [​IMG]
    They say this will be a boon to law enforcement going after rioters.
    Evidently some Parler users actually submit their drivers licenses to Parler too; not sure why anyone would do that but that's just me.

5. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with Cash app?

Why didn't police go after the BLM rioters and looters when they were communicating where the police weren't so they could loot?

6. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

Well, I'm just saying that apps seem a little fishy to me in the first place. So I wouldn't be the type to use a "cash app" or twitter or whatever but to each their own I guess. Do we really know what these apps are doing? Is TikTok really a national security risk? Parler is supposed to be a "free speech" platform yet they are haphazardly storing your data and gps location?

It may seem like the police did not go after rioters this summer but in truth they did. Some people were charged with some really off the wall things too if you look into it. The protests were so large though they obviously can't get everyone.

In a perfect world the violent protesters, the vandals, the thieves would all be found and prosecuted. What I don't get about some protesters (whatever their cause) is why they think being violent helps.

Maggot Brain and Marshall Stack like this.
  7. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

I'm w/Lo-Tek on this ... all of these apps are really sketchy to me.

Maggot Brain and FutureProf88 like this.
  8. FutureProf88

FutureProf88 Well-Known Member

A lot of apps are indeed sketchy. Another thing that bugs me is phones wanting to use fingerprint or facial recognition to unlock. I'm like yeah how bout no. I'll just put in a passcode.

Maggot Brain and DaDoc like this.
  9. Marshall Stack

Plus everything wants you to accept their cookies. You can't get past that hardly before reading anything or shopping for something.

Maggot Brain and DaDoc like this.
  10. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

The lady in question was using cash app..She got a request from someone to send her money, and apparently started clicking around..Hit a back arrow, and POOF! Money was gone. I just posted this as a courtesy to the folks here on the forum, in case anyone here was using the app..Personally, I think it's B.S. to have to have a damned "app" for everything to begin with!

Hell, it's old news that the reason the cops didn't go after those people was because they were under orders not to..But what does that have to do with cash app either? Or even this thread in general?

11. Marshall Stack

Burma!

DaDoc likes this.
  12. Sapient

Sapient Reformed Witchdoctor Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

Yea, what happens is it refreshes the page and runs the charge code again. That's some amateur work for sure.

In general never ever go back after you've been charged (say, while on the receipt page). :spock:

DaDoc likes this.