Cards.

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
My grandmother taught us Progressive Gin. I don't remember how it was played, but it was a great game all of us, my parents, uncles, aunts, cousins and siblings played for hours on Sunday afternoons at Grandma's house, usually after a fantastic Sunday dinner of fried chicken or roast beef and all the servings and cake or pie.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a brand new pack of playing cards from Amazon a couple months ago. I don't know how to play a single game except Fifty-Two Card Pickup, which my dad taught me when I was a kid, see.

(And for the sake of saying, I know what "HS" means, and I ain't no Pokemon player. Saying "HS" is pretty ghey, especially seeing as it's more of a toddler expression from 2003).

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to know Go Fish and War, too.

Oh yeah - and long ago I used to play Shots. Maybe that's why I'm half dead anymore.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
I bought a brand new pack of playing cards from Amazon a couple months ago. I don't know how to play a single game except Fifty-Two Card Pickup, which my dad taught me when I was a kid, see.

(And for the sake of saying, I know what "HS" means, and I ain't no Pokemon player. Saying "HS" is pretty ghey, especially seeing as it's more of a toddler expression from 2003).
Yep, my Pops taught me that game too.

I think all Dads do. lol

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I spend most of my time hanging round with an 8 year old these days - 'Snap' is where we're at!

:lol::lol::lol:

:hbang:

GregM

Reaction score
Euka or 500 back in my 20s, or umm coloured female dog? Or I think it's been called hearts in the more recent times, but not for 20 years or so...

anitoli

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back Alley Bridge or 13 up/13 down.
Bullshit.
But it's been so long since i played these games i'd need a refresher course.

Sapient

 
Reaction score

Definitely one of the more advanced, ...say, trickier games to "pickup" for sure.

52cardpickup.jpg

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I was never much of a card player, it all started with grandma teaching me go fish when I was little. I remember playing alot of gin rummy, hearts, kings corner and 21 in college and Uno, but I never really liked it that much it was just for killing time. Fast forward 20 years later one of my boys at age 7 taught me poker and we played alot of it over the course of a few years, imagine I never understood the game until a 7 year old taught me lol. My boys were into something called Yugio and later on into something called Magic, like I said I'm not a card player (or game player for that matter) so I have no idea about this stuff or interest.

Last edited:

Adieu

Reaction score
I used to be quite into Preferans/Preference (a bridge-like Eastern Euro thing)

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Solitaire
I forgot about solitaire! Thats probably what I played the most in recent years but not for a long time now, I had an app on my phone, something to do when I was bored at work.

Latest posts