Can you help me value this full stack?

ajtonly1

Reaction score
Somebody already drilled a hole for a half power switch. I'll just remove that and put the MV there.
MV devalue the amp on the collectors market because people looking to collect know they have to “undo” them. The reason being is you never know the quality of the install or components unless it is done by someone well respected

assquatch20

Reaction score
MV devalue the amp on the collectors market because people looking to collect know they have to “undo” them. The reason being is you never know the quality of the install or components unless it is done by someone well respected

I think I'll still do it. It's a pot and 2 wires that I'll gladly pull out and leave a gaping hole in place of if it means that much to somebody. I figure it's better than a switch that does little to nothing besides requiring you to fool with the ohm selection.

After recording it though I'm not sure I can part with it yet anyhow. Just gonna keep it awhile longer I guess.

obx351

Reaction score
Don’t chop into it for a master!!!
Get a good attenuator👍
+1 to that

I use an Aracom for my '73 50. It was getting hot with other attenuators for some reason. It's been checked out and the Aracom works great with it. The Aracom also lets you miss match Ohm input/output, meaning 4 ohms out to a 8 ohm speaker.

Attachments

• 73 marshall and park small.jpg
    73 marshall and park small.jpg
    863 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: