Can you help me value this full stack?

assquatch20

Reaction score
Okay so I'll tell you what I know about it. Pictures to follow. I acquired the amp and slant cab first. So it was a half stack that came into my amp tech buddy's shop around June of 2017. He recapped and retubed it and there it sat until January of 2019, waiting on me to bring it home, I guess. I got a wild hair and bought the thing. Then in May of 2021 I came across the straight cab.

So what are they? The amp in question is a 1976 Super Lead 100. My tech buddy thinks it's one of the first 30 that year and possibly out of the Canadian market. Not sure about all that. It does have some features that would indicate it's from some sort of transition or a parts bin special or something. The logo, piping, switches and pilot light are maybe atypical for the year. I'm no expert, though.

It has had a 50w switch installed at some point, drilled out into the rear panel. I considered a master volume there but I hardly ever get to play with the thing anyhow. The lettering on the front panel is pretty much gone, and some on the rear as well. It also has a Nippon Gakki sticker on the rear which tells me Yamaha may have been involved in the import or sale of the thing.

The slant cab is from the JCM800 era but has mid 70's greenbacks (G12M-25 T1221 I think) and creambacks (G12H-30 T1281). It's been awhile since I've looked but I have a picture here that at least indicates one speaker is from September of '74 if my eyes are working. The magnet covers are not green and cream but rather cream and black, respectively.

The straight cab is also a JCM800 but with the G12T-75's.

The cabinets and amp chassis are not cosmetically perfect at all. The tolex is a bit beat up in places, grill cloths aren't immaculate, the plastic bits aren't all like new anymore, some oxidation on the chassis, but everything seems to function like it should. I would say this is maybe a good studio tool, player's piece, or just an investment.

Now, the photos:

52132997073_0ab796da30_h.jpg

49440024836_eb7aa448bb_h.jpg

49439552063_796fc9a81c_h.jpg

49440251112_8859ea9a78_h.jpg

52133344383_f487aa9845_h.jpg

52133319126_1f4e7e1bbd_h.jpg

52133344393_cca00a462f_h.jpg

I'm curious what it's worth altogether or broken up. I can try to get some better pictures soon but maybe this is enough info to get an idea. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Deftone

Reaction score

assquatch20

Reaction score
How about some sound clips? I'd love to hear it.

Not a very good example here with the phone mic as it's clipping pretty good and the thing is just so loud. Every time I turn it on I want an MV or something to tame it. I didn't wanna play too long or else the cops show up here. I'm moving back to the country though where I can maybe use it more.

I've only got a 2 channel interface but I'm borrowing a couple SM57's this weekend so I may take another short crack at it next week sometime with the greenbacks and creambacks mic'd up.

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

Not a very good example here with the phone mic as it's clipping pretty good and the thing is just so loud. Every time I turn it on I want an MV or something to tame it. I didn't wanna play too long or else the cops show up here. I'm moving back to the country though where I can maybe use it more.

I've only got a 2 channel interface but I'm borrowing a couple SM57's this weekend so I may take another short crack at it next week sometime with the greenbacks and creambacks mic'd up.

I can’t get the link to play

assquatch20

Reaction score
I can’t get the link to play

Hm not sure why. Here is the direct link if copying and pasting would work better for you. It's still processing the HD version I think so that might be the issue.

Well trying to post the link resulted in it embedding again anyway. The "suffix" or whatever it's called for the video is iUQE6hGJHQw such that the link reads like https://youtube .com/shorts/iUQE6hGJHQw but without the space in there

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hm not sure why. Here is the direct link if copying and pasting would work better for you. It's still processing the HD version I think so that might be the issue.

Well trying to post the link resulted in it embedding again anyway. The "suffix" or whatever it's called for the video is iUQE6hGJHQw such that the link reads like https://youtube .com/shorts/iUQE6hGJHQw but without the space in there

Well I must be having issues.. all it’s doing is buffering, and I went to your YouTube channel, and it doesn’t show up on it..
It did at one time give me an error, please try again later..
Thanks

assquatch20

Reaction score
This is just my first attempt at home recording with mics so go easy on me, but I think it sounds a ton better than the phone mic at least. Still not perfect but it hurts to be in the room with this thing so I'm not experimenting much right now. I'm moving back to a place with a closet where I can maybe isolate it in the future.

I've got my interface in the green but it still sounds a bit clippy. I've got channel 1 turned to about two on the dial, and channel 2 is at four or so.

After doing some research, I think $5-6k is about right for this stack right now, but not sure I can bring myself to sell it just yet. I think I'll go ahead and do a master volume and then reevaluate.

El Gringo

Reaction score
This is just my first attempt at home recording with mics so go easy on me, but I think it sounds a ton better than the phone mic at least. Still not perfect but it hurts to be in the room with this thing so I'm not experimenting much right now. I'm moving back to a place with a closet where I can maybe isolate it in the future.

I've got my interface in the green but it still sounds a bit clippy. I've got channel 1 turned to about two on the dial, and channel 2 is at four or so.

After doing some research, I think $5-6k is about right for this stack right now, but not sure I can bring myself to sell it just yet. I think I'll go ahead and do a master volume and then reevaluate.

Sounds really nice !

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score

i like it. the feedback too.

dro

Reaction score

It ain't Rock and Roll till the cops show up.