Cabinets, Tolex, Grill Cloth... and Cats

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by F86, Oct 22, 2020.

1. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Jesus just throw the cat in a room with a half stack, dimed, and hit a low E. That MOFO will NEVER go near an amp again.

2. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

Nice collection of firepower . I had two fun kitties who i miss dearly every day who loved to wild . What i had to do was close the French doors to the big room and that was the only solution in order to protect my guitars and amps .

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  3. Greg70

Greg70 Member

I had more than a few cats with claws and they never bothered the Marshall grill cloth. One thing to consider though is that a half stack is the perfect height for perching and a tube one is like a heated seat. Back when I was a bachelor with a half stack in my apartment living room, my cat would perch on the amp all the time. Although not actively scratching, a cat can sometimes drag a claw when hopping up or down on something. My 4x12 was trashed cosmetically when I bought it so it didn't matter to me. You probably won't even notice it unless the amp was in pristine new condition. Cats do not like walking on aluminum foil. You could lay that on top of your amps. They will jump up a few times and then be freaked out and stop doing it. It works for kitchen counters so it should work for amps too.

If you want a cool guitar themed kitty accessory, Petsmart has a corrugated cardboard acoustic guitar for scratching.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  4. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member

Ours was in the garage when my grandson and lit it up , and she couldn’t get out fast enough.
    Now when she hears me turn them on , she heads out to the front porch and just kicks back till I am done.
    She has never clawed one of my amps yet.
    Cheers
    Mitch

SkyMonkey, El Gringo and anitoli like this.