Buffer and 25k Volume Pedal SECRET DISCLOSED

Vesperado

Reaction score
Made a significant discovery today, call me SKIPPY,

Humbucker Guitar > Buffer > Passive Volume > Op Amp Dirt circuit > Marshall

Now before someone might say "big deal", (well, have you tried it?) the effect is definitely audible. It is transforming. It tightens up the guitar's signal better than shopping for new pups, tubes, tweeking the amp, a pedal, etc. etc. Some guy told me my E34Ls were too boomy and that I ought to try a different set of tubes. Nope. This is it, baby!

My amp obeys me now.

My guitar is one sprite machine.

The ear-gasm was endless.

My roommate left his door open this time LOL

Here is the trick: Get your base tones set, your pedals set, to where you like it. Then, rock back the volume pedal to the point where the mud/fizz dissapears. Viola. That simple. Your amp is now set on destroy mode, your guitar, a deadly weapon.

To those who knew this trick, the secret is out. For those who are missing out on this, get your set up set up, you won't be dissapointed. The Z change is what does it, and don't believe the nay-sayers, let them envy your rig with this simple solution.

If anyone is curious, here is what I was using in the experiment:

2008 PRS SC-250
MusicLily (Korea) Ceramic Humbuckers
[Vox 848 Wah is wired for True Bypass]
CMatMods Buffer @ 12V
Ernie Ball VP 25k (forever string equipped)
Maxon OD-9Pro+, TS-9, VOP-9 @ 9V
Marshall TSL-100 (35W operation @ 16 ohms only)
Marshall 1960A
Celestion UK T75
Japanese OFC Cables

Image: https://marshallforum.com/media/20220520_193309-jpg.13995/

My rig is so tight right now!

:woot:

Len

Reaction score
So it’s similar to using higher impedance pickups or rolling the guitar volume back a little?

Vesperado

Reaction score
Not quite. For the longest time I was under that impression, but actually it is different because of impedance. Basically you can unload a little bit of the input signal and remove that "congestion".

Give it a shot and see.

Len

Reaction score
Not quite. For the longest time I was under that impression, but actually it is different because of impedance. Basically you can unload a little bit of the input signal and remove that "congestion".

Give it a shot and see.
But increasing source impedance does lower the signal amplitude at the load. It’s the same thing as using a volume pedal.

Also, if it is signal amplitude, that drives V1 into compression, then maybe replacing V1 with a lower gain tube might result in something similar?

Vesperado

Reaction score
Nope. Again, unless you try it out yourself you are arguing in circles. Follow the signal chain before making comments like that: I am NOT going strait in. C'mon now...