Bought A Dsl20cr(faulty?) Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Graham G, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Graham G

Graham G Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Hi,i have another thread running about my new DSL20CR,but after reading a thread on another forum,i think my Amp may be faulty,but i'd like to ask on here if this is correct.
    I've found out that I can plug Headphones into the Emulated out,but when I do this the output is controlled by the Channel "Gain"knob & not the "Volume knob" & the guy on the other thread says that this is a fault & that also the "effects loop" is affected by the same fault,i don't know how because I don't have anything to plug into the loop.
    Just thought i'd ask the Forum,apparently this info has come from Marshall?
    Cheers,

2. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member

Sorry brother but I can’t answer any of your questions as I do not have this particular amp:(

3. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

the emulated out, IIRC, is direct from the pre-amp, no power amp involved. The master volume runs the power tubes, which aren't used for emu-out, nor headphones. It'd blow your headphones quick...

4. Graham G

Thanks,the guy on the other forum,says he has contacted Marshall(or his dealer has)& it is faulty,the headphone out should work from the Volume not gain?,I've contacted my seller,but they had no idea,so they are getting back to me(eventually)

5. Graham G

Thanks,i decided to download & actually read the Manual:),i hadn't realised it was also a feed for a mixing desk,so I believe you are correct the level of a feed to a desk wouldn't be affected by volume,(pre amp out as you stated),so i'm not sure where the info in the other thread came from,i'm going to phone Marshall,just to be sure(if they'll respond;))

6. sjruvolo

sjruvolo Member

When in doubt, read the manual.

7. Graham G

I'll have to try & remember that:D,but it doesn't actually tell you anything except that the emulated out is also a feed for a mixer, it doesn't tell which knob controls what.

8. KraftyBob

KraftyBob Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

In the IT world this is known as an RTFM issue: Read the F'in Manual.

9. Graham G

Well I did read the manual,after I downloaded it,if it had come with the Amp in the box,i would have read it immediately.
    In my defence I only posted about the emulated out,after reading someone say that the way mine worked was a fault,it turns out probably incorrect info.
    I don't know about the IT world(i'm oldish),but thanks for clarifying what RTFM means, in my world it just sounds like a rude response.

10. KraftyBob

KraftyBob Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

My apologies if it came across that way. I did not intend for it to be a rude reply, rather just joking around. Oh, and I'm oldish too and there's a lot the younger generation does that I have no idea about so I get where you're coming from.

No offense intended and glad you have it worked out.

11. Graham G

No,it's me that is apologising,i just re-read my reply which I should have previewed before posting(like I should have read the Manual before posting),then I would have realised I missed off the smiley,so here's a few.:);):cheers::band:.
    To be honest in the gigging world,i'm not oldish,i'm old.

KraftyBob likes this.