Boss BD-2 as clean(ish) boost into DSL20hr?

skiltrip

Reaction score
Anyone boost a DSL20hr/cr with a Boss BD-2?

Currently, I'm using an SD-1 and a Spark Mini as boost. I love the SD-1 boosting the Ultra Gain channel for higher gain stuff, but the lower the gain I'm going for, the less I like it, that's when I tend to use the Spark. Though on the Classic Gain green channel, I don't particularly like either boost with it. I'm thinking maybe the BD-2 could replace my Spark and provide the cleanish boost I get with the Spark, while giving me a tone control for a little variation, and might sound better boosting the Classic Gain channel bringing a little dirt of it's own without all the bass cutting the SD-1 does.

Any thoughts on BD-2 with DSL20?

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Depending on the sound you are looking for you may really like the BD-2. The spark is a good boost but is designed to be transparent. I think you may really like the BD or maybe a tubescreamer for light breakup type stuff.

skiltrip

Reaction score
Depending on the sound you are looking for you may really like the BD-2. The spark is a good boost but is designed to be transparent. I think you may really like the BD or maybe a tubescreamer for light breakup type stuff.

I do also have a tube screamer around and I like that too (Behringer TO800).

I used to have a BD-2 and based on what I remember, plus the comments so far, I can't imagine NOT liking the BD-2 into the DSL Classic Channel to fatten it up and push it a bit.

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an SD-1 & a BD-2, but I use them on my Origin20H.
For a boost or just plain dirt on my DSL20HR classic channel, I like the MXR M77 Custom Badass Modified OD.
Yes, I use the gain knob...

Clayton Custom Cabs

Reaction score
Anyone boost a DSL20hr/cr with a Boss BD-2?

Currently, I'm using an SD-1 and a Spark Mini as boost. I love the SD-1 boosting the Ultra Gain channel for higher gain stuff, but the lower the gain I'm going for, the less I like it, that's when I tend to use the Spark. Though on the Classic Gain green channel, I don't particularly like either boost with it. I'm thinking maybe the BD-2 could replace my Spark and provide the cleanish boost I get with the Spark, while giving me a tone control for a little variation, and might sound better boosting the Classic Gain channel bringing a little dirt of it's own without all the bass cutting the SD-1 does.

Any thoughts on BD-2 with DSL20?
I run a BD-2 into my JTM30 clean channel and love it. I also have a Frommel modded SD-1 that is so much better sounding than the factory model. You might go that route, if you like the SD-1.